QLD Is now the right time to invest in Brisbane... or is it too late, should I look at other Cities?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Daniel Gray, 6th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daniel Gray

Daniel Gray Member

Is now the right time to invest in Brisbane or have I missed the boat?

If so, where else should I look? Adelaide, or regional cities like Geelong, Ballarat etc?

2. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Haven’t they all gone up as well as Brissie??

I reckon Brisbane still presents better value than them but I’m biased hehehe...

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Brisbane offers good opportunities/value, medium to long term.

Timing is important imho, but I think currently there is a lot of value left in Brisbane to realise over the next 10 years.

Just need to do your DD.

4. Flynn Investor

Flynn Investor Member

I can’t speak for Brisbane but Geelong and Ballarat have been booming for awhile now. We are on the hunt for a second IP and the prices in Geelong and Ballarat are pretty crazy plus the rental return is ordinary. We looked at a property in Ballarat (stunningly renovated, 3+1+1) $520,000 and a rent appraisal of $380 at BEST. Ridiculous. That’s still expecting significant capital growth to continue if capital growth is what you are solely after. I would look to Brisbane before Geelong and Ballarat.

5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Logan suburbs are still affordable alrhough many have gone up. Brisbane and Gold Coast have had big booms and u are a liitke late to those parties.

6. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

The entire Brisbane and surrounding councils still offer the best opportunity nationwide.

Its the 3rd biggest city with the largest inter-state migration I think for the last 18 months and its growing stronger every single week. There is a reason why vacancy throughout the entire region is less than 1.8% I think its closer to 1% or less now.

Work out your budget and then choose a suburb in Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Logan/ Redlands or Ipswitch and just buy something. Brisbane has got the biggest potential to continue to grow even after Sydney/Melb start settling down.

Not to mention it offers great weather all year round. Sydney is miserable these days freaking cold as anything and dont even mention Melb. Horrible weather all the time.

luckyone, Tom87, Grugmeister and 2 others like this.
  7. couq

couq Well-Known Member

I also agree with many of the posters that for value Brisbane offers stunning value for money and definitely not too late for Brisbane. It has only started it's growth phase since Jan 21.
    Remember Brisbane has only started really going up and really missed much of the 2013-2017 cycle wave that Melbourne and Sydney have had.
    The gap between Sydney/Melbourne and Brisbane is at all time high and great indicators that Brisbane may boom for a while including great yields, good vacancy rates and good income fundamentals. Hope it continues to boom. It's much deserved after being on the sidelines for a while. Also great place to live

See Change and Grugmeister like this.
  8. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

9. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Holy mackerel.. can’t believe that Gordon Park fixer upper sold for $1.045m.
    $200k above what was expected..

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Quite a kick in the mackerel for buyers .

vbplease likes this.
  11. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn’t want to be a fhb wanting to buy inner city.. I was actually talking to that couple interviewed in that clip before they missed out at an auction in my street (grange). They’re priced out of grange, Gordon park.. I think they better act quick if they want to get into kedron

Sackie likes this.
  12. couq

couq Well-Known Member

Saw this, advertised for about 8-850k and was on the watchlist! Think Auctions may be a new thing for Brisbane

13. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Logan goodna ipswich have started moving but not crazy . About where we bought in early 2000’s and that worked out ok

cliff

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

This is 10 years.... Screenshot_20210607-075925_RP Data Pro.jpg Screenshot_20210607-075651_RP Data Pro.jpg Screenshot_20210607-075944_RP Data Pro.jpg

fols likes this.
  15. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Finally seeing some proper growth in Ippy :) :)

16. dave34

dave34 New Member

Gocki, which app are you using for your stats?

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

RP Data Pro (paid subscription). The thing I really like about the app though is you can see all the land contour lines, and it has Google maps satellite view, plus near map, showing really recent aerial views so you can see all the recent changes/all the new developments and demolitions etc. you can also see how much and when properties last sold etc, and owner names.

craigc and skater like this.