Is it worth to buy land and construct in Atherstone at Melton south?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Jayson12, 26th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jayson12

Jayson12 New Member

Is it worth to buy land and construct in Atherstone at Melton south?

I am not sure about Melton to live in coming years. Any advise would be very helpful.

2. werdna

werdna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend H&L unless you were wanting to live in it yourself, building your dream PPOR, etc.

It's not a wise investment decision for many reasons, e.g. some people do it for tax depreciation (but I've always read that it's best to chase yield/CG than tax benefits). And, all you're doing is giving the land developer and the home builder your 'profits'. Having worked for both a developer and builder, I know how they play the pricing game, and let me tell you... it's all about margins for them. End consumer isn't considered. It's as much a numbers game for them as it is for you.

Can't comment on Melton itself.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

I definitely wouldn't. Too late in the cycle. I'd make a low ball offer on a RGZ property in Melton South instead, if you're fixated on that suburb.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  4. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

A bit late in the game if you're wanting to invest at Melton South...but if it's for your own living, maybe.

Assuming you're looking to invest, then you should look at low balling existing stock like what Westie said. No point go all the way sourcing your own land and trying to build the house (and you're remote), only to find the total cost doesn't stack up to your expected end value.

Cheers,
    David

Westie likes this.