Is it worth to buy a vacant unregistered land in new park for 630k of size 343.7 sqm ?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Logi, 23rd Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Logi

Logi New Member

Considering registration is after 12 months.
    Our priority is to have a decent size block with good backyard space.

Newpark(Melonba) in marsden park.

We work in city mostly.. bit sceptical about the travel time and on this land if we plan to build a single or double storey, it would cost From 900k to 1.1M..

Currently we are renting around AUD 2000 per month.

Should we wait or go ahead with it ?

Any suggestions pls..

2. Bassar

Bassar Member

Would you be driving to work?

3. Logi

Logi New Member

I can go upto nearby train station. Mostly twice a week. I work at city

4. Bassar

Bassar Member

We live in Elara and it's a great community. The area is getting a shopping village some time this year plus a high school has been announced so I'm anticipating more people to be interested in the area. Not 100% about Newpark though as I don't know much about it. It takes 50 minutes from Schofields to Central and there is a bus from Elara (748) that goes to there which takes 15 - 20 minutes or more during peak hours. Not sure if the block is anywhere near a bus stop? You can forget driving to the station unless someone is dropping you off as you will not find parking at all.

In sum, you can expect a travel time of 1.5 hrs to central, if you're close to a bus stop.

5. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

To answer your question it really depends on what you're willing to do. It is quite a trek to get into the city (from Elara) and I personally wouldn't want to travel that far each day but it doesn't seem to bother other people. If you are willing to purchase an established property you would potentially be able to get closer to the city for the same price point.