is it true tradies look at postcode and charge more in better suburbs

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by justine77, 26th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I think this happens for women too, especially if you're young and they think they can charge you whatever and you'll pay as you don't know the going rate. Recently, we got three quotes for same job - $700, $1500 and $3000. I only spoke to the last one and my husband dealt with the other two.

A few months back, we were considering doing some work to our bathroom. The initial quote I got was for 7k which was very high for the job in question. The second guy came in and tried to talk me out of this and tried to convince me to do more. He wanted 19k (!) including the extra work. My husband dealt with the third guy who would do pretty much the same work as the second guy and quoted 7-8k. We have decided against it for now but will definitely use him in the future.

2. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

As the old saying goes. Double bay= double pay :D:D

jim1964 likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

They charge more when they can of course. Some chase high paid jobs if they are too busy. Some only chase high paid and some just want work. Shop around and compare but dont expect 5quotes and pick the cheapest

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.