Is It Time to buy Travel Stocks?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MTR, 31st Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

Really depends on your plan/ goal. My goal for these stocks was simple. Double my money, pay for my family’s international flights with the after tax profit (Business Class, another goal). Goal achieved. I hold another stock where I’m close to buying a new car outright.

I’ve got tens of thousands of dollars in other stocks where I think they’ve got much more mileage and I’ll hold until I hit my sell targets. I have a strategy and sell point for every stock I buy. All stocks I buy I hold for a minimum of 12 months.

MTR likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Anyone get the timing right?

3. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

Partially - what a gift those tax loss sellers in the US gave us all - cant believe how much some of the mega caps i.e. meta and telsa ripped. Where to from here is the big question. Risk vs reward not as great at these levels.

4. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

Doubled money on CTD and made 50% on AD8 when sold in June 22 for tax loss harvesting/ 21/22 income management , market drop hedge, and in case bank didnt come up with funds for August unconditional settlement .. After delays and bitching bank appoved loan. Funds where put into high dividend shares at 12%grossed up yield which is 24% on cost of CTD and 18% on cost of AD8. Property is up 25%. Re bought CTD in nov 22 with dividends, after very positive report but price drop !? for $16 now back near selling price at 18.60

Last edited: 7th Feb, 2023
  5. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

You need to have a position no matter how big. I have put 1k into a lot of companies that has grown to 80k. Serious potential shouldnt need a lot of money because a little will make enough, you need to keep funds for number one.