Is it possible to search rates/outgoings/ owner corp etc on a property?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by GaryG, 19th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GaryG

GaryG Member

Hello guys,

Once again I need your valuable input, I have got sec 32 which states that total outgoings of the property do not exceed $4,500- i believe vendors can get away with a statement like this-however same sec 32 also talks about owner corporation to be registered etc.

I am just wondering if there is any website/phone where I can do property search in relation to rates (council valuation etc) and or more info on owner corp.

Thanks to Y man post, now I am know it can get created auto-magically on subdivision if there is any common land, so surely there must be some data on it somewhere.

Thanks in advance

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

If the OC is not active yet, there would be no costs. Active ones must attach a OC certificate and provide details of arrears. The OC manager/committee can also provide minutes of the last AGM and financials.

Receipts for rates etc is attached to the Section 32, along with any outstanding unpaid bills.

This isn't off the plan by any chance? I think if so, then no one got any idea (another reason I avoid OTP) - you'll need to talk to council, the water people, and maybe the SRO

The Y-man

GaryG likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

There are services publicly available to research strata schemes as part of a pre-purchase. Very wise as the strata records can identify major capital works defects or other contingencies which will demonstrate if the levies fund is deficient or a major special levies issue is about to rear its ugly head. ie concrete cancer, window replacements , balcony structural failure, facade or other fire risks.

eg Pre Purchase Strata Report They also may be able to advice on your concerns / questions

If its a OTP small strata scheme (duplex) etc then the potential strata costs could be a limited to a 50% share of building insurance too.

GaryG likes this.