Is Holding Resi Property attractive today?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 1st Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd like to know too.

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Quite a few seasoned investors steered towards townhouse developments, purchases in mutli states, purchases in metro and regional and house with granny flat construction.

3. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing the updates.

MTR likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I actually think developments and adding value is a great way. The only big problem is that it wont suit many people's risk profile. And the learning curve from investor to developer in all honesty is very big. There is so much more involved and you need to be able to understand risk mitigation very well imho.

Chris Au and jins13 like this.
  5. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I agree @Leo2413 that it's not everyone's cup of tea. I've been involved in an extensive renovation and some minor renovations, but due to my busy lifestyle, I don't think it's a feasible option for me at this stage of my investing career. I do agree that if everything goes well, the rewards will certainty be well earned and kudos for the people willing to be involved in these projects.

Sackie likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely, the rewards when done right can be staggering. Fastest way to build massive wealth with real estate that I know of. Also very easy to make no profits and lose money if you screw things up. I've had some crown thinning due to the crap councils put you though.

7. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
  8. NHG

NHG Well-Known Member

Exactly. Logan is starting from a lower ROI base, and yet the growth factors aren't there the way they were in Sydney.

Mind me asking, what's your plan now / bigger picture? I really enjoy reading your posts and mauling over your words of wisdom.

Same goes for @Leo2413 and @Westminster .

9. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I have found In a rising market packaging lots with houses and flicking for $30, $50 & $100k uplifts of $10-20k deposits has been a faster way of building wealth from real estate. But if your in the right area and have the right capital you can minor this with development. A triplex I am doing in a med-high land price area will make approx $750k profit, but requires close to $500k equity.

Sackie and MTR like this.
  10. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea to limit the number of properties and go for quality rather than quantity. Could end up reducing the time needed to renovate, dealing with managing agents, possible tenancy issues and strong growth in the long term. It's been a privilege to witness some of my friends with rather different investing strategies to one another achieving great returns with either investing in blue chip suburbs to investing in abit 'rough' suburbs.

MTR likes this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just about anything works in a rising/booming market, just throw a dart and you will make money.

Developments are great, its like investing on steroids.

Cactus likes this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I have been playing in USA again, went in this market in 2011, still going gangbusters.

We are now buying commercial properties for cash flow and we start our first official development (5 townhouses), hoping to lay the concrete pad over the next 1-2 months time, will post photos as we go.

Exciting, but also nervous at the same time, plenty of fat in the deal, but never done it in USA.. yikes:eek:

NHG, SOULFLY3 and jins13 like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia