Is having a mentor important?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Tim & Chrissy, 5th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I totally agree, a mentor is going to give you their spin on how it should be done... now lets have a look at some of the mentors on the market.

What about

Michael Y - he is in favour of blue chip properties, as he states they will provide best growth far superior, even when markets turn they will continue to growth...reallly. Well we know this is utter BS, as history proves this not the case.

Nathin B - he advocates regional, high cash flow, and some of these deals are of high risk. I think he also operates on volume, volume means more money.

Helen K - well we know how that turned out, she is still holding a large portfolio of properties in mining towns, do you really want her to mentor you?

Dynthia B - well she charges like wounded bull, about 4 years ago she was advocating US properties, problem was the supplier she was using was significantly charging well over purchase price. Then she also advocates mining towns. She also advocates her mentees to use over the top structures. Don't you love these mentors, everything is inhouse, therefore they can add value.

Cashflow Capital - Also advocating mining towns, cash flow gems/lemons in regional areas, still doing the US stuff but I think its vendor finance... how does that work???

I cant think of anyone else to the list at the moment.. I am sure I can add to this ...LOL

2. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Talk is very cheap. These days I don't have much respect for marketing.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Come to the next one at Wenty or that Gockie organises, hopefully I wont be at work.

4. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Will try - if not this one, then another one soon. Definitely Western Sydney.

6. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

When is the next one? I might try and get along to it..... being it is like 4 mins drive from my house :p