Is Adelaide Property market cooling down as well?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Adelaide B, 15th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FullRun689

FullRun689 Well-Known Member

2. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Your comments are a bit deseptive maybe not deceptive just not painting full picture.

Adelaide is starting of a low base.

Places like. SYDNEY are at near full employment.

So yes Adelaide job growth is good. But it' because it was going backwards nowhere for a long time.
    Although I love Adelaide spent my years travelling there

3. FullRun689

just rang Planning SA, got to know that the decision on DA for subdivision is still with local council. Planning SA is almost like a post office, and their role is mainly the issuance of title certificate.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hilarious...I think what @DT was pointing out was that Radelaide is now a good place to invest..where there are jobs prices go up...but places like Sydney might have full employment but wages aren't catchin' up....so only one way for prices to head...and that down...down....as the Coles add says....

ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Something to consider is that the growth of the capital cities tends to 'trend' together. So chances are if Sydney prices start falling (at a median level), then growth in other capitals is likely to at least slow. This is evidence by checking growth rates across capitals:

[​IMG]

Adelaide has under-performed many of the other capitals this cycle, so even if Adelaide growth slows over the short-medium term, I think it will outperform the likes of Sydney over say the next 5+ years.

This chart is 12 months old now (not much would have changed though), it shows the median house price in Sydney / Adelaide providing a ratio. When it nears the top of the range, Sydney is expensive relative to Adelaide, when near the bottom Adelaide is expensive relative to Sydney. Of course there is no guarantee that this range continues to cycle exactly as it has done in the past (e.g. increase in Apartments in Sydney, may result in houses becoming more sought after and a higher average ratio to Adelaide), however I think it is a reasonable indicator that Adelaide has the potential to be a better investment than Sydney for the time being:

[​IMG]

2FAST4U and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  6. FullRun689

Thank you! will do.

7. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Your Surveyor will do all the work,they will be the project manager as such, i can recommend a good one i have dealt with many times.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Profit is made from changes in variables, not just from static positive figures. ie you may make a significantly better return on investment from an area/city/location which was suffering from extreme issues, then improved to 'average'.

9. jim1964

jim1964 1941

My preference is with councils who have development policies for medium density, infill etc,a lot of the rules are relaxed compared to areas out of these policy areas.

Sackie and DaveM like this.
  10. FullRun689

Yes! for a straightforward subdivision.

11. FullRun689

Yes. Thank you!

jim1964 likes this.