QLD Ipswich

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by miscg, 29th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Brooke Colledge and Danmicb like this.
  3. Danmicb

For me these inner Ipswich suburbs really balance yield plus quality stock a lot better than comparably cheap areas in Brisbane. I have to say though, and full disclosure i own here, right now the inner suburb of Ipswich itself is out-performing all its neighbors on both CG and rental growth fronts. The stock on the market at the moment is very tight compared to last year and comparable rents have really taken a jump. Literally only a handful of properties for sale.

As Ipswich CBD continues to redevelop and jobs keep piling into the area, these inner areas will continue to provide the best balance of amenity and lifestyle imo.

4. Danmicb

5. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Dont know how to take it. Seems that vacancy rates in raceview are just above 1.25%

Capture.JPG

And Ipswich is just 1.5%

Capture.JPG

Brooke Colledge likes this.
  6. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

7. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

8. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Yep, probably making between $50k and $80k...no bad for a two months work. I must say it was a really good buy to start with.

Skinman likes this.
  9. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

This townhouse with 1 less bedroom, 1 more bathroom asking for $16k more. They're dreaming

10. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

11. Danmicb

12. Danmicb

An update from on the ground in Inner Ipswich and having talking to multiple agencies too. Currently no shortage of buyers at the moment and again, the character properties in the better areas (Inner Ipswich, Newtown, Eastern heights) are fetching some good prices. These are solid well established suburbs that are on the rise.

And for all those naysayers, my recent house valuation is now up 23% on my purchase price from two years ago in inner Ipswich. Proof is in the pudding. Add to that yields of close to 6%, its ticked both boxes for me. This is despite all the council turmoil that's gone on. Wait until the CBD redevelopment really gets underway and the whole area gets a face lift and some needed stability. Already people see the attraction and lifestyle this area brings, and the price growth reflects the continued positive sentiment in the area.

13. Heinz57

Well, I sold one of my Raceview houses. Didn’t even get advertised, agent had Sydney buyers waiting. 6 weeks from making the decision to settlement.

Samj40004 and Danmicb like this.
  14. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

Sounds positive. How long had you held the property? And did you make any CG on it? I’ve got a place in redbank plains I’ve had for a couple of years and it doesn’t seem to be increasing in value very quickly.

15. Heinz57

50k in 5 years which I suppose is no real gain once you take all the buying and selling costs into account, but it was time. And as I said, remarkably easy.

Skinman likes this.
  16. Skinman

Thanks for sharing. I’m sure you had a high rental yield and some good cashflow along the way to help the overall portfolio

17. Samj40004

Samj40004 Active Member

You need at least 10% capital growth in order to achieve some gains.
    First 5% spent on stamp duty and purchasing costs, remaining 5% spent on selling costs and to recover any negative cash flow along the way etc. Hopefully Ipswich will show some growth soon!

18. Skinman

Which I think would have been achieved in the example given.

Making some general assumptions I’d say an ave 4x2 lowest in raceview would have been purchased for about $270k 5 years ago and sold for around $320k now so that’s about a 19% CG, saying that 5 years is a long time to wait for it.

I agree let’s hope we see some strong growth soon. Although I have seen a few posts suggesting the suburbs closer into the Ipswich CBD are doing well already.

19. Samj40004

Samj40004 Active Member

What do you think about the impact of the new costco?

20. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

It’s bringing more jobs to the area which is always a good thing. I think the cbd redevelopment will have a far greater impact when finished

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia