QLD Ipswich where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jayne11, 18th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

I’d argue BCC fails at providing low-medium density infill development too. New housing stock is either high rise apartments or nothing.

2. Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky Member

Heinz57 and The Artisan like this.
  3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

4. Sandon

Sandon Well-Known Member

Anyone know what’s happening on the ground in Ipswich? With Brisbane slowing, is this the case here too? Spoke to an agent recently who says it’s slowing but still seeing decent demand and multiple offers.

5. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Not on the ground but watching. Seems to have plateaued but would also be keen to hear on the ground feedback.

6. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

I think due to the uncertainty of the election + all these long weekends + crappy weather the last month has been slower.

Activity looks like its picking up again and ppl are adjusting their mindset already with interest rate rises so it should be steady and pickup as we move away from the election etc...

Today was a nice sunny day and I saw some good activity in Logan areas anyway. Lets see what the auction results come in. I've been paying attention to the daily indices for Brisbane - they are continuing to tick up for the first week of June.

7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Agent I talked to last week said there was a slow down with election ( that’s normal ) but had picked up since

Bottom end was around 360 ? Three months ago , seems more 380-400 at the moment .

With Logan being the strongest performer in Q’land in the last year , that will flow out to goodna and ipswich.

cliff

momentum26 and craigc like this.
  8. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

9. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

Wow those are some good prices.... All those areas between Ipswich and Logan are still really good values with decent land sizes.... Seems like houses are just a bonus as land value pretty much top up the asking price of many of those properties for sale on those areas.

10. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

I know it's quite nicely renovated inside and looks great, but I found this a really suprising sold price
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-bellbird+park-139479439

$475k for a 2/1 that is beautiful, but still rather small. And while it sits on 722m, it's a really sloped block that would not be easy for any future development.

Heinz57 likes this.
  11. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Prices seem to be increasing from what I am seeing. Have just spent a bit of money having my high-set weatherboard home painted. Agents I have spoken to are still having significant buyer interest. Fingers crossed the growth continues.

southern-investor likes this.
  12. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Ipswitch and Logan should still be growing. They are at the perfect price bracket imho. Still affordable and offer some superb homes for your average aussie family.

The demand for sub $700k homes is HUGE!!! Adding fuel to the fire is the current rental shortages. Its amazing how bad the situation is. You could probably rent out a shed for $300 per week these days.

13. AsburyJuke

Rents are insane - just had a tenant agree to a $50/week increase without complaint. In fairness, the old rent was a bit under market.

momentum26 likes this.
  14. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Suburb?

15. AsburyJuke

16. sunshine3

sunshine3 Member

Literally the whole district is 4305. Could you be a bit more specific?

17. AsburyJuke

haha sorry, that's true... this is in Ipswich/Eastern Heights

sunshine3 likes this.
  18. sunshine3

sunshine3 Member

Nice. Good area. I like Eastern heights. Near the park. Can't afford Newtown but on the ground locals are starting to talk about Eastern heights the way they used to talk about Newtown (ie very favourably, "fancier" area). Silkstone heading that way too

19. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Funny you say that. When I purchased in 2017 Newtown for me had the nicest feel but prices were more than I wanted to spend at the time. Ended up buying in Eastern Heights as for me it was a very close second. I think that pocket of Ipswich (including Silkstone) has the nicest feel with lots of quiet wide streets, plenty of parks and no flooding.

20. AsburyJuke

I own IPs in Eastern Heights and Silkstone - old houses on big blocks with development potential. Rental yields are great.

If I was to live in Ipswich...I think my first choice would be Denmark Hill, then the triangle of Newtown/EH/Silkstone. As you say Mick, there are lots of parks, wide streets, easy access to shops etc...

Mick Butterfield likes this.