QLD Ipswich suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mabelle20, 30th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

2. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Yep. I have been watching Raceview for a few months. Steady she goes. There is a lot of good in the suburb as long as you steal away from east. Land is scarce too. So in long term should play well.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Member

What does everyone think about townhouses/units close to ipswich cbd for a long term hold? I know houses would be better, but would townhouse/units potentially be a bad investment?

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

What's your budget?

Noobieboy likes this.
  5. Noobieboy

Exactly. Houses are still very affordable in the area. Why buy a townhouse? Can’t see any benefit. Doubt townhouses would be much cheaper ...

6. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Member

Yes you are probably right. But I might be interested in nras properties (need cashflow positive right now) and they are mostly townhouses. So just weighing up the pros and cons.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

There's a lot of NRAS houses around the Ipswich area.

Michael Davis likes this.
  8. Noobieboy

I think the OP mean Ipswich as suburb, not the whole of Ipswich LGA. NRAS houses a plenty but on the fringes (Redbank plains, Leichhardt). Ipswich suburb, mostly townhouses and units.

I personally, dont understand why someone will make a decision to invest solely based on governmental handouts that can change anytime.

9. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Member

Yep I was talking particularly in close to Ipswich cbd. Do you reckon townhouses in towards Ipswich are an OK buy for growth if the numbers stack up on a particular deal?

10. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Guys don`t go TH in Ipswich, too early. Focus on land and proximity to main centres, ideally Ipswich. I don`t go Ipswich for cash-flow but for capital growth while having manageable yields.

11. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Cons with NRAs is that it's not always easy to get paid according to some on property chat. My experience with government paying debts is that it's like getting blood out of a stone. They do not sell well either from my observation but perhaps they do where you are looking?

12. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Member

I would be holding past the end of the nras scheme so selling wouldn't be an issue if it was a good buy in the first place. The delay in payments is a small concern, but not a deal breaker for me personally. My main concern would be to make sure I'm not compromising on the asset to get the incentive. I'm sure its possible in the ipswich region, but I am still unsure of units and townhouses. Would be keen to hear others thoughts on the growth prospects of these kinds of dwellings in close to ipswich cbd if anyone has any insights?

13. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

NRAS is really winding down as far as I know, probably not a major consideration in a purchase from this point forwards?