QLD Ipswich suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mabelle20, 30th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

So you personally don’t like Queenslanders yea? That from your parents experience they are basically just going to fall apart and become junk? Each to their own I guess. I personally think the growth of these types of properties over the next 10 years will make the cost of re-painting and maintanence a non-issue.
    So is your personal take home message for people that own Qlders to just stay on top of small things? Thanks mate will do as usual.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  2. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

I don’t own any *Queenslanders* specifically, but I own two Californian Bungalows, one of which I live in. Both weatherboard. Neither are difficult to maintain at all, but then again I’ve never had a brick house to compare to.

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I've got a miner's cottage as IP in Newcastle. Beautiful. But of course, I bought it for scarcity reason.

4. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Good comments guys. I grew up in a two-story Queenslander and it was fabulous. Handy too when the floods came. I’m in a comfortable brick box these days, but with giant rooms / open plan which is the only way I could handle making the switch. A colleague just got the outside of his Queenslander sanded and painted – cheapest of 3 quotes was $19k, so I don’t miss that aspect. That’s why I thought they may not stack up that well as an IP, but then amortised over say 10 years its only $2k pa I guess. The other advantage of a house on stumps is of course they can be moved and re-purposed if your site has development prospects – and to be honest that’s probably most larger blocks in SEQ!

5. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

I think that they are quite a bit more maintenance to a normal brick home and if you don't spend the money on them you'll ruin the home. Making profits on any house is another story.

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

OUCH! I knew they were a bit of a pain to paint but $19,000......!

7. Brendanthebuilder

Brendanthebuilder New Member

I have to agree with that and your original statement about your parents home. I have worked on more Queenslanders then I care to remember, a lot around Ipswich too. They are nice homes, but not very practical in my opinion and if let go, can be costly to repair. I am not surpised by the $19k cost to sand and repaint an exterior of the home previously mentioned.

8. FullRun689

FullRun689 Well-Known Member

how much is this likely to be sold at?
    The $699k asking price seems to be high for the location.

how much do you think "97 John Street, Rosewood qld 4340" is worth? it can be subdivided into 5 lots.

9. FullRun689

Hi Tom,

Do you think it is still early to subdivide in Rosewood, Qld?

10. Tom Rivera

I would say so, though of course it depends on the specifics of the deal. Land values out there are still pretty low.

11. FullRun689

Thank you!

12. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

you know that qldr that you are looking at is much more than a land value proposition. It looks like an estate in a very small village, hugely overcapitalised in terms of normal housing .... although a better way of describing it is an excellent house unusually positioned in a small village. If you want land to subdivide there are larger blocks outside the town that are being subdivided and sold even now. Maybe fall in love with Rosewood and live in the best house in town? It looks odd from an investment point of view.

13. FullRun689

Yes. you are right. it seems that the Queenslander is attracting more than its fair value.

I did notice that a bit further away from the Town Centre side, and on the other side of the Rosewood station, there are quite a few properties with larger land area at much lower price. I presume the opposite side of Rosewood Town Centre is priced lower for such a far away suburb (from Brisbane CBD).

The development sites seem very hard to sell at this stage. Currently, land subdivision at Bellbird Park seems to be more timely and feasible.

14. Danmicb

Been a great start to the new year for inner ippy with 3 bed Qlders moving fastest and selling for more. Median keeps creeping up. What a year for houses in the inner area. Median price went from around 300k to now 370k. New year bodes well and shows no signs of slowing.

Ipswich Investment Property Market Data

eletronic_exp0430 and Tom Rivera like this.
  15. Tom Rivera

Agreed. I worked entirely in Ipswich for years and didn't see much movement at all. I haven't kept such a close eye on the area since around February 2016 and every time I go back to check prices I end up a little more surprised.

Danmicb likes this.
  16. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

17. Danmicb

Heinz57 likes this.
  18. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Danmicb likes this.
  19. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

That’s pretty good news. 1,450 jobs sounds like a small amount but these industries usually create a lot of network jobs.

20. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Danmicb likes this.