QLD Ipswich suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mabelle20, 30th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

2. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Ops yes sorry, Property was structurally really good, just the concrete in the carpark needed to be removed and redone which I guess they did.

3. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

4. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

"...the abattoir may reopen in six to 12 months time as an export plant."

Plus maybe a bigger deal for those cut and paste developments in Yamamoto where it's located? Don't really see this as a whole area issue...

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  5. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

costco also confirmed today they are opening in ipswich

Luca likes this.
  7. Danmicb

8. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

9. Danmicb

Been quite a lot of positivity this year and it seems like it’s getting stronger. Some good numbers to show for it. And even more upside looking forward. What are your contacts saying at the moment?

10. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Contacts are saying that well priced stock is moving quite fast. Central locations to Ipswich seem to becoming ever more popular. I have been and still am quite bullish on Ipswich and its prospects. I for one certainly do not feel it is too late to be getting in there and I will be looking to get another on up there in the next 6 months all going well.

11. Danmicb

We are on the same page mate.

12. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I looked at ispwich intermittently... just wondering how I should allocate my financial resources...

13. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Good feedback from me too...really important in Ipswich entry point, DD on property (overlay and soil) and location...Once you nail it you want to be in for the long run ;-)

14. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

So with the cricket on in the background I spent an unhealthy amount of time trawling property websites on boxing day (bet I wasn’t the only one either). Now I’m not as big a fan of Ipswich as some (due primarily to the climate there) but I’m constantly reminded of the beautiful Queenslanders that were built over 100 years ago in that area. I’m sure they probably make lousy IPs due to maintenance requirements but I never tire of admiring this architectural style. Love the fretwork and pressed metal ceilings etc. Here’s one at Rosewood – a village west of Ipswich but actually the end of the train line that takes you to Brisbane. Can get quite a bit of bang for your buck compared to the capital cities out there.
    92 John St Rosewood Qld 4340 - House for Sale #126577470 - realestate.com.au

larrylarry likes this.
  15. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I've said this before and been soundly criticised, but a well maintained, and well painted Queenslander home is no more work than a bog standard brick veneer chucked up by a project builder with a nail gun.

16. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

100% agreed, and we build brick veneers! Easier to get to the services, easier to keep termites out, nicer breezes, can't put holes in the walls and absolutely gorgeous.

17. Danmicb

Agreed. My late 1800 Queenslander has been hassle free in terms of maintanence. If people are worried about the big ticket items (roof, stumps, electrical) just find the ones that have been attended too - yields are decent for rennovated Queenslanders there and people are willing to rent for a premium for the Queenslander that ticks the boxes. I’m actually constantly blown away by the amazing properties that keep popping up in Ipswich, and just when I think I’ve seen it all, another comes along and takes it to a whole new level. @Foxy ***** you're 100% right - bang for your buck. People are catching on though.

18. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

How long have you owned a Queenslander for ?

19. Danmicb

Only over a year. It had a colourbond roof, stumps, electrical, plumbing and paint previously. I think I’m ok for a while - touch wood.

Don’t get me wrong I know there will be maintanence issues associated with age, but they have great bones - over 100 years and going strong. My only issues so far have been a air con replacement and tree branches breaking in storms. Just do what you need to do to reduce risk and buy well. Plus the above average growth and decent rents these character properties attract - I think justifies the maintanence. Not to mention if you can grab something that only needs cosmetic reno done. Quick $$. I’m now seeing similar properties on smaller blocks, or not renovated, for sale or under offer for 15% more than I paid just over a year ago (even properties that have overlays!) There is a sweet spot for price at the moment though. Well located Queenslanders are creeping forward in price. O/o’s here are getting emotional over these beautiful Queenslanders.

20. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

My parents have owned one from the 60's and it's been a costly exercise, if it wasn't for the value of the block they would have ditched it years ago. Painting roughly every 10 years is an expensive process, especially when the house is high off the ground and not to mention things like wood rot and thermal heat movement of timbre causing all sort of other problems. If you don't keep on top of the small things, in the end you'll end up with a pile of junk.

Tom Rivera likes this.