QLD Ipswich suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mabelle20, 30th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. brandontp

brandontp Active Member

Ok it appears I've made some assumptions in my original reply which I've since assessed and discovered to be incorrect! Going to share them so anyone who comes across my posts do not get the wrong idea:

1. First of all, Ipswich does not have 8% vacancy rate; this was a miscommunication between the managing agent and I. The 8% is in fact their agency's internal vacancy rate, Ipswich's latest vacancy rate is 2.1% for Mar17

*Source: SQM Research - Residential Vacancy Rates

2. I just generated another RPData's auto valuation report just now and surprisingly it shows an almost 20% jump in value compared to a report generated in Jul 16. I did not expect this at all as the last report I generated was back in Dec 16 and it showed minimal growth so essentially the bulk of this growth took place within the first 3-4 months of this year! Very interesting indeed.

Conclusion: these 2 findings are aligned with the post below

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

If ipswich has gone up 20 % I'll be stunned ...

It may represent sales of specific types of properties ie OO's buying nice character properties gather than 3 b ex houso's .

Though if it's happening , I'm happy .

Cliff

brandontp likes this.
  3. brandontp

brandontp Active Member

Hey Cliff,

This was simply based on an auto-generated valuation report by RPData with an 8% error margin so it could very well be off. However, I'm quite certain that the market has moved in a positive direction.

Cheers,
    Brandon

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Not disputing the market is moving .

Cliff

brandontp likes this.
  5. BerylJean

BerylJean New Member

6. BerylJean

BerylJean New Member

Hi Mick,
    We have just put an offer on an inner Ipswich house. Could you please send me the report you referred to?

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I'm looking at Ipswich. It's a big area. Love the Queenslanders (house I meant)

On RE I searched for Ipswich, north, east and west Ipswich. It seems like many are in need of work especially those on large blocks.

Last edited: 30th Jun, 2017
    Danmicb likes this.
  8. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

9. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

You cant go past Redbank Plains in Ipswitch city council. Nice newish houses and you can get newish 4 bedders for around $350k now with good yield. 3 Bedders in the lowish 300s.

My place in Redbank plains land valuation was previously $150k. Council just sent me a letter a few months ago and new value is $175k. Not bad I've only owned the house for 6 months.

Rental is $320 per week which I purchased the house for $275k. Got valuated by my bank for $307k few weeks ago. I dont think that is bad at all for 6-7 months of holding. LOL

btw: I just checked the average price for a 3 bedder its now $308k. Last month in June it was $305k and in May it was $300k.

100% growth happening in Ipswich and Redbank Plains for sure!!! I love it.

larrylarry likes this.
  10. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

I think there are a few great pockets in Ipswich and so much value and opportunity its hard to ignore, for OOs and investors alike.

I purchased right in inner Ipswich last year and have seen ~30K growth in that time. Also managed to get the property 20k under independent valuation quite easily (divorce settlemet - quick sale). Yield ~ 6%. Not crazy numbers by any means but there are decent buys to be had if you know what you're looking for, and imo the best is yet to come with the positive changes in the area and the upgrades to the CBD. Furthermore the fact that eqivalent queenslanders/character houses 40mins down the road in brisbane now fetch well over $1mil ++ is turning prospective OO heads west for lifestyle, amenity, and the dream Queenslander. Hopefully the new Mayor will really continue to push Ipswich forward.

11. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

12. larrylarry

As close to the Ipswich cbd I suppose. Going to fly up and check it out.

13. Christian77

Christian77 Active Member

I never been in Ipswich, but I'm battling to get an Ip between Launceston and Ipswich. What's your thoughts on east Ipswich?

14. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

I would choose investing in Brisbane/Ipswich/Logan over investing in any part of Tasmania to be honest. From all my research Tassy simply doesn't have the economic capacity along with the population growth and overseas interests that has a potential for it to boom as much as Brisbane does.

My 2c. DYOR.

T Macdonald likes this.
  15. larrylarry

Heinz57 likes this.
  16. larrylarry

17. larrylarry

18. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

19. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

20. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

there are so many pockets in Ipswich council that are in flood prone, and yet some of these flood prone are rezoned for townhouse/apartment ? not sure what Ipswich council are thinking

larrylarry likes this.