Ipswich Purchase - Conveyancer + B&P

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Television, 9th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Television

Television Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I'm travelling up to Ipswich this weekend to take a look at some properties and should all go to plan will be making some offers. If anyone has any recommendations (positive or negative) for Convenyancers and also B&P inspectors that'd be appreciated. I'm particularly concerned about B&P given the locations as I'm quite wary of subsidence issues.

Thanks,
    TV

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

3. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

I can give you the contacts of a local B&P guy that has done the job for me on a few occasions, thorough enough to make sure all the big ticket stuff was covered (like you said, subsidence etc). They were for qlders in the central suburbs. Just message if you want details.

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

ABIS Australian Building Inspection Services. Norm used to be the Ipswich guy, unless he has retired on his ex house portfolio in Acacia Ridge by now.

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

We've got an excellent Conveyancer. I've also recently been recommended a new B&P guy who a couple of my clients have been happy with so far. We've known John from Black & White Pest for many years (he originally recommended us Alan) and he's excellent.
    I've also recently had another Building Inspector recommended for the Ipswich area specifically, but I haven't used him myself.

Conveyancer
    Cindy (Redbox Conveyancing)
    1300 650 650

Building Inspector
    Alan Greenwood
    0408 871 616

Pest Inspector
    John Torsoe
    0403 585 288

Alternative Building Inspector
    Damion Russell
    0458 770 330

6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Use a solicitor that does conveyancing. It's far too big of a transaction to use someone who (in QLD anyway) has no qualifications and in most cases very little solicitor oversight.

7. Television

Television Well-Known Member

Thanks Heinz - Have left a message for them

Cheers Tom! I'll give Cindy a call - WRT B&P I'll hopefully just get one contractor so that it's easier to organise with tenants

Thanks for the feedback mate - do you have anyone you've used in the past and would recommend?

Also thanks to your office - I called them about another property I took a look at and they were very helpful.

**Edit** - RPI, I'm a dipstick, for some reason I was only aware of your "town planning" services - will give your office a ring now re: conveyancing!

Last edited: 13th Nov, 2017
    Tom Rivera likes this.