Ipswich Logan / MB uni precinct/ Redcliffe and surrounds

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Cowboy, 22nd Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Bit torn
    1st option Ipswich/Logan will be able to get a cheaper property with better cash flow but may not get the growth. (However this is appealing due to the fact it would cover itself and pay itself down even if rates were to rise so shouldn’t need to worry about it) 300/400

2nd option MB university precinct. Good infrastructure, train line etc. 400/450

3rd option is the beach suburbs around Redcliffe ie Redcliffe, Margate, woody point.
    Similar price to university precinct and rather than the infrastructure as above for university precinct it has the lifestyle drivers. 400/450

Houses

Help

2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Have you considered the Deception Bay area near the water?

Gentrification is underway. Give it 5 to 10 years and I think there will be significant change in this part of Deception Bay near the water.

Deception Bay Gentrification / Development Thread

There have already been a substantial number of renovations plus DAs being lodged in the rezoned area.

3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi Cowboy,

Logan (loganlea) in the 'red zone' gets you house with holding costs and land that has good zoning (capital growth potential). The prices seem good, but i would really hone in on good zoning, as that will give best chance for capital growth (opinion). Your budget is healthy for that area.

Not wanting to complicate your life, but when i visit the moreton and deception bay area i am underwhelmed and worry about its proximity. Can see why you might include redcliffe peninsula as alternative.

Rochedale South has some appealing factors - reasonable pricing good location, Logan City / Logan water rates (cheaper than BCC and QUU). Very close to BCC so no reason why the Brisbane capital growth won't extend there. Bus infrastructure may be as good as train line in the future.

4. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

@Cowboy I'm assuming you are an investor? What is more important to you ... capital growth or rental yield?
    The majority of future land supply for SE Qld (Greenfield Land) is held within the Ipswich, Logan and Northern Gold Coast corridors so this must be considered in terms of the potential for future supply.

5. Paula Ospina

Paula Ospina Active Member

Hi Cowboy, It all depends on what you want this property to do for you. Once you have some clarity on this the rest becomes easier.

Options two & three also have some good suburbs that may offer yields as well as capital growth.

6. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Is there not a lot of land around the Warner Joyner area which will be developed and may affect suburbs close.
    Peninsular properties are completely land locked, that’s got to be a positive?
    Lots of forums on here discuss the peninsular, seems like everyone is waiting for something big to happen there.

Maybe either not bad options

7. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

If I had to choose I would go with the second option.

Have you considered Zillmere?

Do you have to achieve a certain rental yield?

8. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Redcliffe/woody point is a nice spot. It’s gone through a little bit of boom over the past couple of years though so not sure if another boom will come soon.

9. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

Any particular reason to focus on Zillmere?

10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Buyers need to keep in mind that places like Woodridge and Slacks Creek are around 20klm from the majority of the land being developed in Logan like Yarrabilba or Logan Village. Remember adjoining suburbs to Woodridge include Underwood, Springwood and Daisy Hill which are not cheap suburbs.

11. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

The streets within 1km walk to the beach is where most of the growth is still happening . If you drive around these streets lots of knock downs and quality rebuilds particularly clontarf which is closer to the bridge.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Anyone wanting a place on the Redcliffe peninsula less than 200 metres from the waterfront - PM me.

13. Rich2011

Is it UMV...? ;)

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

No. But you know you want it.

And so do all those Melbourne refugees who think St Kilda and Brighton are real beaches. Moreton Bay isn't even polluted.

15. Rich2011

I agree, it is a great spot.

16. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Two minutes walk to the beach, five minutes walk to the cafes and restaurants. Million dollar homes lining the waterfront, blue skies, dolphins and the seasonal whales. Well, if you have a boat you can go out to see the whales. One time the neighbours pruned their garden and we had water and Island views from the balcony.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia