QLD Ipswich growth prospects

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by NewGuy88, 17th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jiro22

Jiro22 New Member

Hi, Skinman, May I have B & P contact please.

2. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

I’ve just sent you details

3. Squeakywheel

Squeakywheel Well-Known Member

Hi, Skinman, May I also have B & P contact please.

4. IPmaster

IPmaster New Member

Hi, for those who have the Ipswich Building and Pest inspector details, could you please share it with me. Thank you!

5. NewGuy88

NewGuy88 Well-Known Member

I've used BPI Building & Pest Inspections previously & was happy with them ...

6. Investor1111

Investor1111 Well-Known Member

bump. Posting to Amberely next year. Outlook on Ipswhich in 2023 & beyond. :D

7. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

I dont pay too much attention to Ipswich but its getting more and more popular with investors and FHBs. Still very good sales happening out there.

Good prices like this. Relatively cheap still compared to the rest of Brisbane and if you can get something like the below you cant go wrong.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-redbank+plains-139048171

I'd personally look for a 3 bedder on 500sqm+ land so there would be potential to add another bedroom as an easy value add option.

Something like below which needs a little TLC but good land and nice solid foundation.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-redbank+plains-139249407

[d4rk-fr3d] likes this.
  8. southern-investor

9. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Ipswich is still going well.

I reckon the growth in sale prices might have softened a bit, but rents are going through the roof!

10. southern-investor

Well I just checked the medians its gone up a significant amount since last month. I think Ipswich will continue to grow there for a while yet. Its way too cheap still compared to anything else you can get in Brisbane. Plus the soaring rents are helping absorb all the interest rate rises.

11. sunshine3

sunshine3 Member

I'm watching Ipswich very closely and think it still has growth in it. I like the looks of Raceview and basically anywhere near the park that doesn't flood.

As interest rates rise, people who want to buy a house will still buy a house. They will just lower their overall budget, bringing them to cheaper areas like Ipswich.

However, with regards to those houses others have linked above: I wouldn't go near house on a slab in Ipswich. The region has very active soil (blacksoil) and has a lot of movement. There's a reason houses have always been built on stumps. You're asking for big issues buying a house on a slab in Ipswich

Tom Rivera likes this.
  12. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

I'm not blindly optimistic about Ipswich... a rising interest rate environment will have flow-through effects across most markets.

However... it's a pretty easy place to hold at the moment - great yields, and somewhat protected against the "doom and gloom" sentiment that's engulfing Sydney and Melbourne!

13. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Last talk to agents was about a week ago .

Not as crazy as it was early in the year but still strong interest . Most things selling in first week with 3-4 offers rather than 15 …

Entry level around 400 . Some under but they probably need work .

Obviously lot of talk about interest rates and that will bite in markets that have reached their peak .

I don’t think Ipswich has reached it’s peak and there’s still money out there and there’s still pent up demand and the increase in building prices and delays make existing properties more attractive .

Cliff

14. southern-investor

Anyone buying in Ipswich at the moment? I've just got another $300k from Pepper and looking to spend max $550k or so.

I'm seeing alot of properties under contract and under offer pretty quickly still. 3-4 weeks and they are gone which to me represents a strong market.

Prices here for FHBs are still great. The agents I've talked to over the past week have advised the sales and buyers are still present and strong prices being achieved still.