Ipswich - B&D Panel Lift Door Replacement - 2100 x 4880

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Kezza, 12th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kezza

Kezza Member

Settled on Ipswich IP early March 2016. Current tenants moved in two weeks ago.

So far I have paid for a cleaner $670 (prev owner occupiers left place in a mess), back door repairs $170 and smoke alarm $79.

Garage doors has a dent in the panel, is missing manual release cord and has a couple of joint clip brackets broken. Still works though. Originally thought quote would be to repair clip brackets and install new manual release cord. Instead "due to the age and the two damaged panels it is more cost effective to replace door".

House was built in 2008.

Quote comes in at $2140.00. :eek:

This sounds excessive to me...why cant they just repair door as originally requested? Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Why don't you just leave it till it stops and in between you can spend time once you know the exact make and model and call a few people up and ask them direct.

Lot of trades don't want to do small fiddly jobs for not much money, that is probably why, or the PM does not have someone or know the right people.

3. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the replacement cost is excessive. From the dimensions it's a double door (for a DLUG). dabbler is also right. It's cost the business time and money to quote and they want a reasonable size job to recoup some of the costs.