NSW IP under $500K

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jojee, 22nd Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jojee

Jojee Member

Hi there,

Looking to buy an investment property. My budget is only <500K. Would you recommend a unit at one of these suburbs - Mt.Druitt, Blacktown, StMary's, Kingswood, Werrington. Do you recommend any of these suburbs over other.

2. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

For under 500k the quality of units in say Kingswood would be poor and quite tired. A vila in Kingswood would be closer to 600. For around 500k I would try to snatch a house in Bathurst Region if you are lucky,

3. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Don’t buy a unit in these suburbs. I suggest that you look into interstate opportunities (Qld, SA, WA).

4. Jojee

Jojee Member

Thanks for that. You share my opinion on the quality at this price range.

Before starting with the unit search in above mentioned areas, I did some online search on Bathurst (and other regional suburbs). There are houses, you are correct. My main concern is finding a property - I mean the inspections etc. I didn't find it viable to travel every week from Sydney to all those regions to find a property.

Serveman likes this.
  5. Jojee

Jojee Member

Slowly I am also reaching to that conclusion. My challenge with other states is same as the one I mentioned above in my reply to Serveman. Practicality behind the inspections etc.

6. Mr Clueless

Mr Clueless Well-Known Member

I'm on a similar budget, will go for a house in Brisbane.

7. Jojee

Jojee Member

I am also now thinking along similar lines. How are you going to arrange inspections etc. Are you planning to travel to Brisbane on a weekly basis till you find a property or through friends or is there any reliable agents?

8. Mr Clueless

I'll hire a Buyer's Agent. Some good ones in this forum from what I've heard.

9. Jojee

Jojee Member

Thanks mate. Good to see someone in same boat as me. I am also considering a buyers agent. All the best with your hunt.

Mr Clueless likes this.
  10. Mr Clueless

You too, good luck. I shortlisted some buyers agents after talking to a lot of them and will choose one and close the deal this week, let's see how it goes. Have you decided yet?

Jojee likes this.
  11. Soby

Soby Member

Which suburbs you guys looking?any recommendations for buyers agents?

12. Tome Avelovski

Tome Avelovski Member

As others have suggested, I would steer away from an apartment in any of those suburbs. There are so many markets out there where you'll be able to buy a freestanding house for <$500k, higher rental yield, no strata levies or body corporate etc.

Jojee likes this.
  13. HenryC

HenryC Well-Known Member

For this budget Perth has some good options and they provide a better rental yield as well.
    Also Perth vacancy rate is now record low despite the border is still closed.

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Dec, 2021
    Jojee likes this.
  14. Jojee

Jojee Member

I am yet to start looking in Brisbane. How about you. Have you shortlisted any. I am also looking for buyers agent recommendations.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia