IP to PPOR Knockdown/rebuild

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by dacash, 16th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dacash

dacash New Member

Afternoon All,
    I current have a rental property which I am renting out. I have never lived in the house and would think I am eligible for FHOG as well (investment property only, no PPOR, I am currently renting in different city). Later this year, I would like to demolish this house and build PPOR. I am in Regional Vic.
    My questions for the experts are as follows:

Would this qualify for FHOG?
    Would construction loan be available for full cost of knockdown/rebuild?
    Can I include landscaping/sheds/Tanks/Solar Panels in cost of construction and have it included as one loan?
    Is construction loan done on final product and what is usual LVR for this?

Any replies/assistance appreciated.

Regards

Dacash

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Don't see how FHOG could apply
    Depending on the LVRs you could get 100% or more for construction - and a bit more.

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I recall there have been a few threads on the forum saying that you can have an IP and get the FHOG for a PPOR.

Might be state-dependent?

4. Terry_w

You can. But don't you already own this?

5. dacash

dacash New Member

Thanks Terry. Yeah, I do already own the house but wasn't sure about it as I would be demolishing it and building PPOR. I realise it is a grey area for FHOG because the SRO says:

1. Comprehensive home building contracts entered into from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2020 by the owner of land wholly in regional Victoria, or a person who on completion of the contract will be the owner of land wholly in regional Victoria, to have a home built on the land, and
    2. The building of a home wholly in regional Victoria if the building work commences between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2020 inclusive.
    The LVR would still be +80% so trying to work out best way to finance as well(construction loan looked like best option).
    Thanks,

dacash

6. Terry_w

I don't know for sure but would be surprised if you could. Looks at the legislation and check