IP Tax Accountant

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by AJ061, 13th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

Looking for a new accountant as current account has got too busy and i'm not getting call backs or response to email and hence have not lodged my previous FY tax return. Seems like now days some property savvy accountant want to just get in and out fast and don't seem to have landed one which i can get holistic advise and get them to look at the overall financial situation. I guess all i'm trying to say i am annoyed with the level of service i am getting.

I am not after cheap service nor after free advise and i believe in their time being equal to money and hence have always been clear that i am happy to pay for a service but it needs to be treated as a human and not just a number.

Currently owning 3 IP, shares, and looking into setting SMSF and also buying a or couple of IP. So needs to be someone that are happy to put in the time and be an adviser rather than me sending sheets of data and them just doing the return.

Please advise if you have had positive experience and if you recommend anyone. Location doesn't matter as long as they are in Australia.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The industry is exceptionally busy and has been for 18mths+. I havent seen anything like it in my career. Your expectations and their workload could differ. We do get the occassional one who wants something next day for finance etc and this may not be possible at present but we can often have it done in a week or two. Discuss with them. Normally we would have work completed in 1-2 weeks. Some more complex work is taking 4-6 weeks. Where its property tax based we can generally complete in 2 weeks.