QLD IP Logan or Ipswich

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nikkstar, 24th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Logan vs Ipswich IP

1. Logan

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Ipswich

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Nikkstar

Nikkstar Member

Hi everyone,

looking to purchase my first investment property no more than $600k. If you were looking would you be putting your money in Ipswich or Logan and which suburbs in particular.

I was looking at these areas cause they seem within budget and cashflow looks good. But also unsure which suburbs to look at with either area so interested to get your opinions so I can see what to really focus on

open to other suggestions as well

2. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

I spent several months looking at both areas, ended up buying in Ipswich - the numbers were great for me, and I got exhausted trying to keep up with the Logan market :D

It's a pretty broad question though - there's lots of options in both regions for $600k. Just depends exactly what your strategy is.

3. Nikkstar

Nikkstar Member

What suburb did you buy into in Ipswich?

Not sure of my strategy. I guess cashflow positive would be great or as close too. I don't see myself being the buy and sell every few years. I'll be the hold for the long run and hope it pays itself off.

4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Honestly Logan always first before Ipswich.

Ipswich is always the last one to boom - its taken off now but it took a while. Prices in either arent cheap anymore these days but if your holding long term then go buy in Logan. Its probably one of the most popular councils of Brisbane right now. Crazy crazy interest throughout the entire 70 suburbs. I dont think there is a single suburb that is not hot now in Logan.

djjk and Chris Au like this.
  5. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Logan is arguably just that little bit more central than Ipswich.
    The M1 motorway lining most of the suburbs in that council - with easy access to Gold Coast, Byron and Brisbane make it undeniably a place that has a good chance of future gentrification.

thunderstrike888 and Chris Au like this.
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

For 600k, surely there must be other Brisbane regions (non flood prone) you can buy a freestanding home in? Eg. Moreton Bay at least?

Harveys and Truly Exotic like this.
  7. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

That's what attracted me to Logan over Ipswich, and that Ipswich had more timber places, with the resident white ants, in my price range. Bought in Logan as I liked the access to M1and GC and Brisbane .

Frosty123 likes this.
  8. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Practically nothing in Moreton Bay now for $600k...even Deception Bay is selling in the early 500 + now

9. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Moreton Bay is very very expensive now. Even the cheapest areas of Moreton Bay $600k you'll get something that needs work. In Logan (for now anyway) $600k will get a you good sized block 4/2/2 newish/renovated house in a mid tier Logan suburb. I think in about 4-5 months all of mid tier Logan will be $600k for unrenovated homes.

If your looking upper tier suburbs of Logan like (i.e) Rochedale South very had to find anything already under $600k and if you do it will be small/old and will need a tonne of work.

Logan aint cheap anymore.

Last edited: 24th Oct, 2021
    momentum26 likes this.
  10. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

No more deals here!!

11. Julia.564

Julia.564 Member

It's grown so quickly the last 12 months! Meadowbrook properties have increased like 50k in the last 3-4 months. And there is hardly anything for sale.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  12. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more. Nice gains for everyone who bought in high 200s - early 300s

13. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Ipswich is a later boomer than Logan, but the rise is happening.

At that price point good options in either, can get both land, positive cashflow and both will experience growth.

14. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Logan has boomed (and will probably continue to boom).

Ipswich is a little further behind, but has waaaaay more room to grow in my opinion.

Why not buy 2 in Ipswich? o_O

Hamish84 likes this.
  15. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Meadowbrook and all of 4131 is a gem in my opinion. The skyline is changing with multi storey carpark looking quite completed (can i park there yet? I don't think so).