VIC IP in Bundoora - Mill Park

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by LuisCente, 27th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LuisCente

LuisCente Well-Known Member

Hello Property Chatters,

What areas would you say are the best pockets within Bundoora, Mill Park for and which areas would you describe as no go areas (if any)?

I've been in both suburbs and they seem pretty nice and demographics look good, however I would like the educated opinion of property investors without the bias that a local can have for their own little patch, specially in regards pockets that are better because of their location.

I am looking to some other suburbs too around different areas of the NW and NE, for ease of getting the comments of those that are area knowledgeable and to have more reach I would create different post for the different areas.

All your advice, knowledge and experienced comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. LuisCente

@The Y-man What do you think is the bestish area of mill Park in terms of amenities, access to train station and quality of houses in the area?

Do you think what I have marked is close to what you could call the closest to everything area? Leisure Centre, the stables, Mill Park HS, Westfield, Parks and train station?

Attached Files:

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Yep - I personally like the area - there's buses going thru as well, but if you can get walking distance to Plenty Valley Sc /SM station, even better.
    Watch out for powerlines along Morang Rd.

The rail runs in a trench below ground level for much of that part, so noise is not really an issue in the area unless you live right next to to it.

The Y-man

4. LuisCente

Beautiful! Thanks for the advice!!!

5. LuisCente

Went to Mill Park this afternoon for a long 3 hours walk!! And walk around the area I marked in the map, but stayed around 30 minutes walking distance from the station. It seems pretty good, well maintained houses, a good mix of people in the streets, everyone seemed pretty decent, mowed front gardens and nature strips. I really liked it, specially because there is everything around between Westfield, the stables, Bunnings and the shops around Bunnings.

only thing is that what seems to be the best area, as expected is where everything is more expensive. From my previous research I found many houses below 850k, but after coming back home I checked that specific area where I walked today and nearly everything sold this year on a 600m2 block is above that mark. So annoying! I thought it could be the perfect option for me until I realised that.

The Y-man likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Good on you - really shows you are "boots on ground" property hunter :)

Stock is tight at present - maybe wait until lockdown ends, and hopefully all the floodgates open. What you did is not a waste of time, as anything that now comes up, you will know the "lie of the land".

The Y-man

7. LuisCente

Thanks mate!

I'm all in now! and want to do all the in depth research of my list of suburbs over the next 4 weeks, so I can make a call on what is what I really can afford and where and stick to specific areas of 3 specific suburbs.

Then just go off that, contact Real estate agents of the 3 areas with my brief and that way with the areas and floorplan pretty clear it should make it "easier and quicker" to buy in December-January which is when we expect to be completely ready to put an offer.

8. LuisCente

Don't say that to @Hamish84 as he is sure that: "I don't do much research and rely on others to do my homework and also I don't know what I want and am hoping someone will make a decision for me"

Thanks @The Y-man !!!

9. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

And you proceeded to do just as I said, over how many separate posts? :confused:

10. LuisCente

Thanks mate! Appreciate your value adding!!! ;)