QLD IP House & Land Package

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hash_investor, 24th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Is anyone here considering new house + land packages for IP? Someone at work told me today they have an IP in stoneleigh reserve and another one in Yarrabilba. Both were built by lend lease. I have found this one advertised so was wondering is that something worth considering. I know many savvy investors will say its brand new and small block but many are investing there too so I am weighing my pros and cons

Lot 506 Malachite Drive (Stoneleigh Reserve) Logan Reserve Qld 4133 - House for Sale #120355173 - realestate.com.au

Tekoz likes this.
  2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

I personally have always been a fan of buying in limited supply areas. So Queenslanders within 5km of CBD.

But, a lot of clients buy in these areas and many have quite a sizeable portfolio so it must be working for them.'

3. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Find out from them whether they increase the price every release.. Find a developer who does that and you have your CG set by the developer and not so much hope...land values increase with more infrastructure and shops and schools going in.. That's what a huge developer told me about their estates in Melbourne where it seems theres a kazillion blocks of land but prices still go up

Tekoz likes this.
  4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

WOW, the master bedroom on that place is the same size as the smallest bedroom in our house. I get told that my house is small. Who is going to want to live in it again?

5. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Renters, hopefully?

6. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Wonder if bed 2 & 3 can be pulled across to be behind the garage. Living, dining and kitchen is ok but 3.4x3 is small for a master bedroom but still functional but bed 2 and 3 are ridiculously tiny.. Always go to display homes and compare room sizes on their maps so you can visually see how small the rooms are.. I know a lady who didnt look at the size of her living room properly when she looked at plans and then when the house was built she realised she couldnt fit half her couches in to face the tv

7. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

As a plan B, I'm thinking of independently securing a block in greater Brisbane and then building a dual-occ. From experience with the build of my PPOR the overall cost is typically 10% less than a H&L package.

Plan A is to buy an existing house. Currently stuck in a holding pattern waiting for my fixed-interest PPOR loan to end in May.

May be able to do both.