NSW IP: House in Quakers Hill or TH in Baulkham Hills

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hyong J. Cho, 29th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

With 1M budget, which one would you buy?

1. 3 bedroom town house in Baulkham Hills / Northmead

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 3 Bedroom house in Quakers Hill / Schofield

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hyong J. Cho

Hyong J. Cho Member

Hi,

I have a budget to buy an investment property to 1M. It took longer than 1 month to get a
    pre-approval from the bank. While I was waiting for the pre-approval, the property price was
    sky rocketed.

Initially, I was looking for a house in The Phonds, Rouse Hill etc but now the house price in
    these areas is out of my budget.

I now have to make a decision whether I should but a standalone house possibly in Quakers Hill / Schofield or 3 BD townhouse in Baulkham Hills / Northmead area.

If you are in my position, what would you buy?

2. Jey2018

Jey2018 Active Member

The land will appreciate in almost all cases. With your budget, you can buy an established/old house in a bigger land portion. Consider, land with value additions, such as subdivision or building a granny flat. Tho, you don't have the budget to build those not, it will put you in a better place for selling in the worse case.

Don't stick only to Quakers Hill / Schofield, there are plenty of western Sydney suburbs where you can buy under 1Mill with some development potentials.

3. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Take a look at the St Mary thread - you will get loads of useful information there. Don’t go crazy and buy a 3 bedder at $1m though (unless it is a large piece of land!)

Jey2018 likes this.
  4. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

People buying in Quakers hill to grab large blocks. There is value compared to the neighboring suburbs like ponds, Schofields