Investors prime Melbourne - Konrad bobilak

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Anki, 15th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina Well-Known Member

That's exactly what should happen.

When you have multiple companies and trusts, its get very complicated and time-consuming.

You need someone with knowledge in, borrowing for a corporation, Trusts and for Developments.

As my portfolio increased and got complex. I have to go to someone with advanced knowledge. I had to change my accountant as well.

When you create a structure, you should be talking to broker, accountant and lawyer at the same time to make sure. The created structure can borrow money at the best possible rates.

someone who wants to keep buying properties and grow their assets base with multiple structures. maybe need help with the team.

Some times this whole team comes with a price. The price, they were paying was for a team.

I do developments using project manager and do it my self as well. So, there is a price to pay for a good team.

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

In my opinion & experience, you don't need a one stop shop, you can engage each professional individually (accountant, broker, lawyer) who are assisting you with the one GOAL and they each get paid for the services they provide.
    You don't need a one stop shop that charges you additional fees (ie. fees above the normal fees they would charge for the services being provided) just because they all share the same office space.
    Pick the right Broker, Lawyer, Accountant from the start is the message, whatever works best for you.

3. Gihan

Gihan Member

Hi - I really appreciate the feedback you have provided. Otherwise , people like me would easily fall into these traps without having much experience. Also, do you think his argument to buy a townhouse from a decent area (well established suburb ) is much more prudent than buying a house from a growth corridor (from a new estate) with a bigger land ?. I just need some guidance since I am searching for my 1st investment property and need to do the right thing.

ellejay, JamesAllen and Rubal Sharma like this.
  4. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

Yeah well someone smart wouldn't rely on someone to baby spoon them connections, I'd research each and every contact thoroughly and get referrals to vouch for them.

No they're not paying that $5000 for the team lol, he literally gave me the whole team for free lmao. i don't know what imaginatory "team" they're paying for.

5. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

Exactly, he's just tryna charge 5K for nothing.

People get fascinated because he tells them all the rare suburbs in Melbourne which anyone can find with a $70 - $100 RPDATA report. I'd rather spend that 5K on myself making connections and buying reports and doing actual factual knowledge rather than just chucking 5K blindly at someone.

BunnyXiao, Lindsay_W and ellejay like this.
  6. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

No worries. I'm glad i have raised awareness and opened your eyes!

First of all never buy a Town House because the land component is tiny and you're just making the developer rich.
    Second don't buy in Growth Corridors where there is lots of land and no scarcity! A house or even town house doesn't matter..

YOU need to plan according to YOUR budget. IF your budget is 500K you need to find a rare suburb where u can find a house on a big block of land in a great location. Find a property you can add value to, claim stamp duty off if you can. Do not fall for FHOG trap, id buy an established property because u can fix it up in a month then put it on rent asap.

There are some good developing suburbs like Lara and Amrstrong Creek where people have made profit building when the market was low.

Make a thread on here about your situation, plenty of people will reach out and shed light.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  7. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

This is so true! People who don't have knowledge or can't do research for themselves search for one stop shops. The key is to find the right people yourself who have vouches, good reviews and who understand your plan. Then seeking advice from multiple people in the same industry and see who gives u the best deals then going from there. Not just blindly trusting some guy on YouTube who looks professional enough but isn't in your best interest.

Rubal Sharma likes this.
  8. Gihan

Gihan Member

Thank you mate. Really appreciate your guidance on this. I guess I need to do my own research more rather than making these guys rich.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  9. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

I don't know, I have a different view on this. I think that to make money you gotta spend money and having mentor is one of them. Don't get me wrong I didn't say get Konrad Bobilak matter of fact I have never met the guy, I dont know him. What I do know is that having THE RIGHT mentor can get you to your destination quicker. Be careful who you listen to as that can cause you a lot of money in the future is the main take away. Goodluck!

10. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Agreed, but usually the good mentor should not be the one selling you the product.

11. Hari Yellina

Totally agree, a good mentor, and make a mastermind team, is well worth it. Joining a like-minded group is worth a try.

I have joined a property developer network recently. So much information there.

12. Hari Yellina

I read his first book about finance. it was one of my favorite books.
    I bought his second book and reading, very informative.

The.Night.King likes this.
  13. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

i know qld have different thresholds per trust, but for the other states how does this help save land taxes?

14. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

NSW has zero threshold for trusts.

fritzsticker and Elives like this.