Investor loans UP, OO loans up Consumer sentiment index up? What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 17th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. equityma

equityma Well-Known Member

investor loan up
    owner occupied loan up
    consumer sentiment up

those mean inflation is up and rba could tighten credits by increasing interest rate.

There will be a flood of new owner occupied people looking to buy if they know rate is about to rise and for new investors they will have to buy because the market is still too hot.

The lastest figure won't warrant a next rate increase but if the trend is good for the next quater or so then there's 80% chance the rba will rise rate.

I think it's a gradual path on a rising rate due to inflation and it's going to be similar to the US so there's no sign of housing collapse in the next few years.

I already fixed my new loan for 5 years.

datto likes this.
  2. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

This is good news for the market in general.

It means the lower end of the market are going to have a relatively easier time to sell, in particular units.

It will also mean that the government, RBA and the rest of them are less likely to make more of the unintelligent decisions they have made over the past years.

All in all this is good news, especially for Sydney market.