Investor developer

Discussion in 'Development' started by Robbo03, 18th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

I know Positive Real Estate doesn't have a good rep on here, but, I have just come across the link below which seems to be a new development arm of the company.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

If you're not interested in watching the full videos, in short it is service with an annual $15k + GST service where they promise to find, complete and manage deals with $100-300k 'instant equity' in them. The size of equity obviously depends on the amount of capital you currently have and can service. They say it is possible to do 2-3 of the 'smaller' deals a year.

I'm extremely skeptical about things like this and believe it is probably too good to be true. Whats the catch???

Investor Developer

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Watched their clip on that link for about 10 seconds and then stopped it.

Nuff said.

Just my opinion.

jim1964, Terry_w and MTR like this.
  3. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I feel you are correct in being extremely sceptical. In fact I feel you should CONTINUE to be EXTREMELY sceptical. Until this no longer seems like a good idea.

JMHO.

4. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

Haha I never said I thought it was a good idea! My skeptisism would never allow it!

But, I am very interested why you both say stay away. Is it just because it is probably too good to be true? Interested in your opinions.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I did not bother watching it

they are not a great BA, so do you think they would source good development deals, this is not their main business

I also don't like these companies that are value adding, helping their own bottom line, which means additional tack on fees

I know a number of larger BA that provide project management, sourcing deals yet the feasibility has been off the mark and most important one is whether they even understand the market they are playing in. Huge risk

Start small, learn along the way, even look at land and house packages as a way to get your hands dirty, stick to your own back yard to start with. Don't touch anything unless the numbers stack up

I started this way, knew nothing, not even how to put a feaso together, 3 years later and I understand it without any fancy packages.
    The hardest is sourcing land and finding markets that have not peaked.

Read posts from developers on this site, plenty here

mtr

Now or never and Sackie like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Tbh its not even what they said, because what they said is possible and I'm sure most of the developers here have achieved it or even better, its the way they present the proposition that makes me very concerned. Mixing truth with an agenda makes it high risk danger for me.

my 2 cents.

Robbo03 and hobo like this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You're a cynic Leo ;)

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Maybe :) but I think there is little room for error when your dealing with that kind of money..Put faith in the wrong people and it could affect your life for a very long time...Too many companies with agendas in this industry.

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Trust me. I'm a real estate agent ;)

Sackie likes this.