Investor Choice Mortgages

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by fleathedog, 19th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fleathedog

fleathedog Well-Known Member

Has anyone used these guys? I had an introductory call with Jane Slack-Smith, and was quite impressed with her knowledge, and I generally got the impression that she genuinely cared about helping. Even the 40min free call with her was really interesting and insightful.

However, they don't act like a typical Mortgage Broker - they package it up with a whole bunch of calculators and other stuff that costs $495. This includes 3 months of RP data pro subscription (to coincide with the pre-approval period), instructionals on how to create your own suburb reports, checklists and so on. It did actually seem like some of her materials are good quality and quite helpful for someone like me who's never bought property before. Yes, I could do it myself, but I have a full time job and I think this would save quite a bit of time, and still much cheaper than dropping $8k+ on a BA.

Any thoughts?

2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Good MB are free, why pay?

Sit on your hands until the hype of the situation wears off, nothing will change in a month.

fleathedog likes this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Check out her podcast to learn more about her. She seems genuine.

fleathedog likes this.
  4. House

House Well-Known Member

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Jane is excellent. Has been around for ages - very genuine. You'll be in good hands.

Cheers

Jamie

EN710 and fleathedog like this.
  6. fleathedog

It was just a phone call, so I don't feel particularly hyped by the situation. It's just she seemed legit, and the extra stuff (beyond the mortgage broking) that you pay for seemed like it might be worth the money. But yes, I'm thinking about it, and posted this to get some opinions before committing..

Yes I did listen to her podcast/interviews before arranging the call, and I'm considering it because after that. And after talking to her, she does seem genuine - for example we spoke about the sorts of properties and locations I was looking at and why, and she had some very insightful critiques of my ideas.

Point taken. But I'd still be without a mortgage broker :( If she wasn't insisting I take all this extra stuff for a fee, I'd definitely go with her as an MB

7. House

House Well-Known Member

It's only an up sell for the Gold or Diamond services. The Silver is free so assuming that's the basic broker service- Investors Choice Mortgages - Gold Membership

She's been around for a long time and have never seen anything bad written about her. All the free content is pretty good and perfect for beginners.

Plenty of other good brokers on here not pushing the up sell and making you feel like you need it to get the best service.

8. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

+1

ta

rolf

9. fleathedog

Well, I found my guy. I didn't end up going with investor choice...

Actually a member of this forum recommended a local guy up here (in Brisbane) and I went out to meet him tonight. He's got quite a few properties in QLD himself, and was super helpful with not just the lending side of things, but also in looking at properties I was interested in. We went quite in depth on one I was particularly interested - he ran it through residex and RPdata, gave me the whole history of suburb, and gave me some very helpful ideas on proceeding towards making a formal offer. Exciting times!