QLD Investment in Qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jeriesh Jacob, 29th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jeriesh Jacob

Jeriesh Jacob New Member

Hello members,

I am looking to move to Brisbane from Sydney ( me, young kids, wife) in the next couple of years and looking to buy a property which I can rent out for now and then live in when I move. I am also open to properties which have I can sell and then purchase / construct something where I can live in when I am ready to move .

I have been looking at properties midway to Brisbane and Gold Coast . My budget is upto 800 k and I am looking at least 500 sq land . I have also looked at a few suburbs such as :

Beenleigh
    Daisy hill
    Springwood
    Shailer Park
    Redland Bay
    Browns plains

what is general advice regarding these suburbs ? I feel that Daisy hill and Springwood have peaked , shailer park is peaking with the Dome and Beenleigh has more potential to peak.

I have visited these areas and really like Daisy hill and springwood but feel that other areas could come up in the next couple of years

look forward to your views and pls advice of any other suburbs worth having a look for a young family

2. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

My 2 cents, as a (sort of) local:

Daisy Hill - lovely spot for families
    Shailer Park - likewise
    Springwood - meh, it's fine I guess. Good transport and shops.
    Beenleigh - hmm... feels a bit sketchy. Loads of 12 year old eshays sniffing textas.
    Redland Bay - no idea.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depending on your work location and future schooling and access to the M1 then Daisy-Hill would tick a few boxes for price size and location..

4. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

Daisy hill, Shailer Park, Browns plains and Beenleigh are all lower socio areas. I wouldn't want to live there with kids.

Look at Forest Lake, Pallara, Heathwood, Algester etc.

rookie101 and willair like this.
  5. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

You kidding me? Daisy Hill, Shailer Park are great spots for kids.

6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

On the whole, the areas of Logan east of the M1 tend to be more desirable.

7. Nicholass11

Nicholass11 Member

I purchased in Beenleigh a little over a year a go now and am very happy with the location. I am in a great owner occupied pocket, and a 90% owner occupied street. Location is excellent, easy walk into town centre/train station. I walk around the neighbourhood, all areas and there is definitely gentrification going on. A lot of Reno’s around the place, lots of money being pumped in. Council is also spending a fortune on the local sporting clubs, lots of sport fields and areas for kids. Great parks etc.

I grew up in Cornubia, went to school in Daisy Hill. Know those areas very well. As a local, I see a lot more potential for Beenleigh long term. It has a charm you don’t get anywhere else.

Yes there is the odd petty crime, but that is everywhere. I find worse crimes happens in more prestige suburbs by professional criminals who know what they’re doing. Cornubia as an example has regular break in and enters on some of the more hidden away streets.

Sisu likes this.
  8. Headlong

Headlong Well-Known Member

Beenleigh if you want to spend $650-$750k
    Daisy / Shailer / Springwood for $800k

9. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

What? LMAO!! hahaha

10. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

In their price range I'd say they are more family friendly suburbs.

11. rookie101

rookie101 Well-Known Member

Agree. Those arent great suburbs for families. Look for middle class suburbs instead.

12. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

I have been buying across Brisbane for the last 6 years and below would be my top picks for families looking to relocate for under $800k

Wynnum West - Close to city and lifestyle
    Tingalpa - Close to city and lifestyle
    Springwood, Shailer Park and Curnibia - are great locations with good schools, public transport and access to highways.

I normally break the suburbs down and then go out and source all the properties on and off-market to one platform to sort from the quality of the home and the motivation of the seller.

Using this strategy will help you get the best bang for your buck.