Investing is just fun

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chip Away, 13th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chip Away

Chip Away New Member

Hi all

I’ve been reading the forums and find the real world information really valuable. I don’t think I’ll be contributing too much for awhile but I love learning from everyone and I’m grateful to read my fellow aspirational investor experiences.

I’m a Sydney rentvestor always learning and looking for the best way to free myself from the 9-5 shackles. My partner and I have a high disposable incomes, no kids yet with two strong yielding modest commercial properties working for us so far, towards our goal of being financially free. My interests moving forward are around investment strategies and locations, tax structuring and just a broader knowledge and experienced approach to my investments.

Thanks for having me

KittyCat, oracle, TMNT and 2 others like this.
  2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Investing is only fun when your doing well!

3. Chip Away

Chip Away New Member

Hi TMNT,

No doubt! I’m fairly conservative with my investments so far, naturally with commercial properties deposits being higher and yields also, it’s not hard too be patient and find that low maintenance great location investment. With long leases in place it’s all happy days so far. I’m a big believer in success by association so I just follow where the big company’s park there money.

When I make a decision to commit to something I’ll research it for months till I’m comfortable then commit when the right opportunity comes up.

I wish you well with yours

TMNT and Jess Peletier like this.
  4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

100%.

When you're not it can be a bit of a nightmare, so best to not think it's going to be all beer and overseas trips ;)

5. Chip Away

Chip Away New Member

Hi Jess

Couldn’t agree more not much in life is, that’s why we do our home work and manage our risk.

Lindsay_W and Jess Peletier like this.
  6. Jess Peletier

Definitely stacking the odds in your favour :)

Chip Away likes this.
  7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I have the same mindset (probably a very bad thing) when my investments go sour

I start thinking, "If i was going to lose that amount of money, I shiould have just spent it on a car/holiday"

8. Jess Peletier

Oh no! That's the worst... The amount of crap I've had to spend money on could easily have funded an OS trip, now that you mention it.... but I'll refrain from ever thinking that thought again ;)