VIC Investing in wyndhamvale Victoria

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KnowledgeisPower, 20th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Carthik

Carthik Member

Wow! where did you get that data from. It certainly is bothering me now! Let's see what happens after the build. Worst case sell it after a year of the build.

2. rem

rem New Member

3. Carthik

Carthik Member

The Y-man likes this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Agree - go on "real" data - the only real way is to compare like for like that are up for lease, ad by ad.

Rentals are pretty soft right now anyway IMHO

The Y-man

5. Carthik

Carthik Member

Y- Man thanks for pitching in. I'm a good 12-18 months away from having this property leased out. Who know's what the market will look like then. Having said that, the development in the area is quite significant. Let's wait and watch.

Additionally, based on the Link that rem provided, I checked the vacancy % in the area I live in i.e Leppington. According to it, the vacancy rate is 4.3% However, there are only 9 houses up for lease in the area going by domain and realestate.com.au Not sure what to trust.

Additionally, I had one other unrelated question. What do you guys think of Yarrabilba in QLD as an investment option?

Cheers,
    Carthik

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I'd say start a new thread on that.

The Y-man

Carthik likes this.
  7. Carthik

Carthik Member

Hi Rem,

I did some further research, figured out the estate that I bought in has become its own suburb. I.e Manor Lakes. The vacancy rate for Manor Lakes is 1.5 % so not all that bad. Additionally, the estate is lobbying to rename the Wyndham Vale train station to Manor Lakes Train Station. Hope that helps.

https://www.realestate.com.au/neighbourhoods/manor-lakes-3024-vic

Both Wyndham Vale and Manor Lakes Have the same postcode. So, the data you projected is not the actual reflection of the ground reality.

Thanks,
    Carthik

8. Anil roy

Anil roy New Member

I bought a similar one in WV. Could you please tell me who the builder is. Was it a house & land package?