VIC Investing in wyndhamvale Victoria

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KnowledgeisPower, 20th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. KnowledgeisPower

KnowledgeisPower Member

Currently got bank approval for a new land and home in Wyndhamvale Melbourne Victoria

Purely for investment, costing about 580K, 170K for land 430sqm and 410K for build.

Double storey house 10 Bed, 6 bath, 2 kitchen/dining/living arrears 370sqm house.
    Potential rent 730PW.

Potential to rent separate upstairs and downstairs, else rent to one big family.

Separate rear /side lane access with inclosed stair case for upstairs.

My question is should I do this or look at investing this money in to an old house near Melbourne city, hoping for better return on investment.

Is there any other place to invest 570K and get better return than here in Wyndhamvale

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Jeez, I'd never spend that sorta money in Wyndham Vale and that too for an IP. Too much land around there for people to choose from. VERY few people would want to rent a 10 bedder, that's like a hostel. For $580k, get a house in Carrum Downs, I reckon it still has some steam left. Check out the Meadow Heights/Bundoora area too.

craigc and jai collier like this.
  3. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I even think you could almost get into Macleod for that! I wouldn't be doing a 10 bedder- will really limit your tenant pool, plus you will face council issues if all tenants are not related.

craigc likes this.
  4. saray4

saray4 Well-Known Member

May I know the estate Please? You got the land for a good price.

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

10 bedrooms???

6. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

Wyndam Vale sounds good, but a 10 bedder sounds weird! It's not like there's a University next door and you can fill it with students. Why not do a 4bed/2bath normal place?

7. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

You could not rent it out to 2 separate parties as u would need dual occupancy otherwise it would be difficult to itemised how much utility bills each one has as there would me only one meter. Without dual occupany Jemena or Aus grid will not issue 2 separate smart meters

The build ard the areas are 155-200kish average. 400-500k builds are for places in mt Waverley, kew, Canterbury etc. Wyndham cake is more metricon, av jennnings builds. Rental for 730pw is unheard of in that area as other have mentioned there are no universities in sight.

Also if council finds out you will get fined as you could be crossing over into a rooming house area. Penalities are high and just not worth it

8. Carthik

Carthik Member

What do you guys think about Wyndham Vale in 2022 for an Investment Property?

9. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

I’m more interested in whether OP built the 10 bed house :D

Never giveup likes this.
  10. Carthik

Carthik Member

LOL 10 bed that's insane! I just bought a 400m2 land and house 4 2 2 config for 550k. Hopefully it works out good. I see massive developments in that area!

11. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Congrats. I’m guessing you’re asking on here as validation for your purchase? Was it to live in or investment?

Either way, buying property is a big purchase - I think you’ve done well, especially as it’s 400sqm! Well done!

12. Carthik

Carthik Member

Yes, your guess is right. Wanted to validate my purchase, It's an Investment Property.
    Thanks for your wishes!

Hamish84 likes this.
  13. saray4

saray4 Well-Known Member

Hi Carthik,
    I am looking in the area, May I please know the estate you bought in?550k looks like a good price. Congratulations.

14. Carthik

Carthik Member

I bought it from New Land Estate in Melbourne's West | Manor Lakes Happy to help should you require more info.

saray4 and FIdreamer like this.
  15. FIdreamer

FIdreamer Member

Congrats and thanks for the info. When is the settlement timeframe and what is the expected rental yield for your new property ?

16. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Wow. Whosoever suggested you the idea to build 10 rooms, they should seriously stop advising. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the builder or someone from the land sales office who is helping to package it up for you :)

17. Carthik

Carthik Member

Land Settlement is due at the end of this year. The expected rent for a 4 2 2 config is $400 per week. Almost enough to cover the mortgage. Other expenditures can be covered under negative gearing!

Anil roy likes this.
  18. saray4

saray4 Well-Known Member

19. Carthik

Carthik Member

Sara, I heard that from another mate of mine too. There are plenty of releases coming up in the future. I recommend you to register your details on their website and contact Aneetha Gunawan their sales personnel.

20. rem

rem New Member

Hi Carthik, Wyndham Vale has 6% rental vacancy. Does that bother You ?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia