Investing in the US

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Ozzie in Texas, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

2. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

I've always wondered and never been able to find out so maybe you know... but does it make any difference for a US citizen living abroad when it comes to borrowing from the US? It's a market I'm tempted by often.

3. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

Like you, I'm both an Australian citizen and "wogitalia" myself. Your name is too funny.

Financing was easier while living in Australia. Now that I'm a US resident, I am subject to local banking conditions. It's like starting over again - with no credit history......and having to do silly things like taking out secured credit/debt cards to build up credit.

As an Australian, the logic behind them is beyond me. Just mind blowing. The card is secured/backed up with my own money and I am charged regular credit card fees to use it and have to keep the minimum balance under 30% or it adversely affects my credit......but I'm using my own money.

I need to continue doing this for at least another year to have fair credit.

wogitalia likes this.