Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Investing in SE QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Marty1, 15th Feb, 2016.

1. Marty1

Marty1 New Member

Hi,

I am thinking of investing in SE QLD as all the indicators are that this is one of the few markets in Oz that is a rising market.
    I am looking at places like Logan (granny flat option to add cashflow), Salisbury or Gold Coast.
    Anyone else looking at SE QLD , I would be keen to hear your thoughts.

Kind Regards

Marty

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Have a search. Plenty of threads on this.

3. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Logan is not in Brisbane City Council (BCC). Logan suburbs such as Daisy Hill, Rochedale South, Springwood etc are in Logan City Council ( LCC).

Secondary dwellings (aka Granny Flat) can be legally leased out to separately household/tenants under the recent planning that was gazetted in May 2015.

5. Marty1

Marty1 New Member

Thanks guys, I've done some research and discovered that Logan Council currently don't allow a second entrance to the property. This means that the driveway would be shared by the granny flat and main household tenants. Seems that this may cause an issue ... Any know if Logan Council are looking at changing this law as it does not make sense the way it stands currently.

6. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

I would suggest off street or shared parking and just fence and divide off the two dwellings and then add a gate entrance to the GF if possible. I have one that is set up similar except the GF has it's own entrance as it's a corner block- no big deal