QLD Investing in QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bianca Chrys, 13th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bianca Chrys

Bianca Chrys New Member

Hi All,

This is my first time posting and first time looking into purchasing our first investment property. I am new to this so please bare with me.

We're looking to invest in QLD and I would like some information on the best growth suburbs. Looking at a long term investment and looking at a house. Currently looking into Forest Lake, Southport, Eaglby and Tanah Merah - Could I get your thoughts on these areas.

Thanks
    Bee

2. big max

big max Well-Known Member

3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Bianca Chrys
    Welcome to PC.
    That is a range of suburbs across SEQ - how did you come up with this list?
    What is your borrowing capacity? Are you looking to build a portfolio or this is the only IP you will buy?

4. diagnostic

diagnostic Well-Known Member

Personally I would go for Southport, as close to the university/hospital as possible. Of course, do your own DD, however if growth is your target then you have to determine what the main factors are in the area/s that influence growth.

5. Lawrence Barnes

Lawrence Barnes Well-Known Member

Hi Bee,
    I am investor myself and the best piece of advice I can give you is to invest in high growth areas, don't chase cash flow like most people do. Invest in Brisbane within the 10Km if you can afford to.
    Lawrence

wa2 and Anthony Brew like this.
  6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

It's all about what you want to achieve. I am bullish on Southport in the short term because of the Commonwealth Games. How that goes long term I am not sure.

Time on the ground doesn't hurt either. I would spend a week or two reading this forum and the old somersoft one first.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Hey Bianca! All those suburbs are right up my alley.

Currently looking into Forest Lake, Southport, Eaglby and Tanah Merah - Could I get your thoughts on these areas.

Forest Lake- Well priced, desirable area, quality tenants and neighbours, has performed reasonably across the past decade. Safe option.

Southport- Booming area with new infrastructure and hotel, but you need to consider the effect of the Commonwealth Games.

Eagleby- Very low socioeconomic area in a fabulous physical location right by the highway and landlocked all the way around. Some members here have had a great experience in Eagleby but we have still tended to recommend it with a word of caution. It is cheap and logically there's plenty of growth in surrounding areas.

Tanah Merah- A favourite of mine. Nicer than Loganholme and much cheaper than Shailer Park, Daisy Hill, Springwood and Cornubia. Lovely area and ripe for growth. For what it's worth, we're looking to buy there next year ourselves.

Rich2011 likes this.