Investing in Ormeau. Brand new vs existing house

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Mimi23, 14th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

as a local .............

Ormeow .............. why ?

ta

rolf

jefn89 likes this.
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hey Simon....

LOL funny this thread and what your saying, a few friends just left for a trip to this area from Sydney, they are buying (new houses) but they intend to move there....

When I was being told about it, I said...."where"

Mimi23 likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Cause there is a few good local brokers to get things across the line.... :p

4. Mimi23

Mimi23 Member

Hi,
    After 2 wks I received my $1000 deposit. Phew very lucky. However, their mortgage broker is stuffing me around & has not cancelled all the loan application. Had to make a formal complaint. The broker was rude to say the least.
    Back to the drawing board. Thank you for the advice. Now, I am tossing between Ormeau & coomera. I have a good deal atm via property agent for $470K h&l package. Which is way better than $526k for a similar house. Thoughts????

Coomera I chose because it has a lot of infastructure happening but its a high density area. Ormeau is a quite area compared to Coomera but close enough drive to the main hub/westfield & train station & motorway.

5. Mimi23

Mimi23 Member

Why not????

In my opinion, Ormeau is a nice quiet area. Away from high density Coomera but close enough to drive. I liked the feel of the suburb & the development. There will be a small shopping complex & community centre to be built in the future.
    Its in the middle between Brisbane & Goldcoast. Easy access to freeway.
    Good reviews of the schools & community reviews which indicates the standard of ppl living there thus will get high %percentage of good tennants. More owner occupiers live there than renters which is also a good sign.

Feel free to tell me different since your a local.

6. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

I have heard several tims of interstate price verse local price. It sounds like you have done your research and found similar prices
    Exactly

7. Crido

Crido Well-Known Member

Did you buy in Ormeau Mimi23? If so. how is it fairing? I'm being spuiked a 4x2x2 brand new h&l for $530K east of the M1. Looks like a good area and investment, but so did my last venture ... which wasn't! Thoughts? Anyone?

8. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Ormeau place is lovely but for 530k you can buy muuuuuuuuch closer to the Brissie CBD. Maybe even middle ring. As an investment that would be a way safer move and far more likely to grow over time.

Tom Rivera, Codie and Crido like this.