QLD Investing in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Alva Mashiro, 7th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alva Mashiro

Alva Mashiro New Member

My partner and I are looking into buying an investment property in QLD. Our budget isnt very high, looking for something thats maximum 400k with atleast 450 sqm of land. Just looking for something with good capital growth in the longterm. Was suggested suburbs like woodridge (which I didnt read amny good things about crime wise so not really sure if thats a good idea at all), Deception Bay (again apparently many weid things going on there) and Ipswich.

Anyone have any sububr recommndations? Preferbly looking for an area with a decent rental market, as I intend to rent it out.

2. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

Inala

3. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

For your budget you could look around Collingwood Park, majority are owner occupier and a much nicer area. The only thing you need to lookout for is underground mine, which you can get those info from Ipswich Council website. My investment property there has been fantastic with no major issues.

4. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

It depends on your borrowing capacity and long term plan. If your borrowing capacity is relatively low and you intend to build a large portfolio in the future, buying a positive cash flow property will be a good option. Some family friendly Logan suburbs still offer great yield. e.g. Crestmead and Marsden. However, I think Morten Bay region has more capital increase potential although the yield is a little bit less. You can consider Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs etc. I have properties in that region.

Tom Rivera and TTT888 like this.
  5. TTT888

TTT888 Member

I have one in this Moreton Bay Region and one in Logan Suburbs.
    Moreton Bay has been doing better. In terms of capital gains and better tenants.
    if I m going to buy another IP in QLD, I would go for North of Brisbane. Just be careful with the flood map.

6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Have a look at Toowoomba.

It last peaked in 2012 and you should find something around $250,000 to $300,000.

Flooding unlikely to be a problem.

Codie and The Grinch like this.
  7. Andydownunder

Andydownunder Member

[​IMG]
    AndydownunderNew Member
    New
    If currently there is option to buy a new investment property (4 bed house) in Collingwood Park in Ipswich city or Park Ridge in Logan city then which option is a good one from long term investment point of view?

8. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

New house and land packages? What's the price for both, expected rental yield (from your research not the developers) and the land size for each property?

How did you find out about these properties/suburbs?

9. Andydownunder

Andydownunder Member

Yes, new land and house package. Price 440k for both. Expected gross rental yield around 4.5%. land size approx 400 sq mt. What is the capital group prospects for both suburbs, and which one is good investment option out of both?

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Look on the web for what the same kind of houses sell for in reality, ones that have alrfeady been completed - view "sold", not "buy". Then look up how much they really rent for, not what the selling person stated. See RTAQld website for free, relevant statistics.

11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

For 100-150k less (or more) why not buy closer to the city?

You'll get:

More land 30%+
    Far closer to transport such as rail and motorways
    A much better yield
    The ability to add value $$$ by buying well and doing a small renovation.

Check suburbs like Woodridge and Slacks Creek. Or Acacia Ridge and Inala for slightly lower yields and still within your budget.

Last edited: 16th Feb, 2020
    ellejay, Tom Rivera and SMTY like this.
  12. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

@Andydownunder what are your investment goals? Many people buy brand new without looking at their goals and whether that sort of property services their needs properly.

13. Andydownunder

Andydownunder Member

Goal is to build an investment property portfolio (atleast 4 properties) for next 10 years and hold it for more 10-15 years to build a good net worth for retirement years. Also, have a own home for living after 5 years.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Deception Bay if you know what you are doing. It looked perfectly normal last Friday when I was there.

15. 3rdEarl

3rdEarl Well-Known Member

16. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Yep its definitely on the improve...if you pick the right area its fine... not much different to Rothwell

Angel likes this.
  17. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Buying brand new can be great, but it's not often ideal when you're in your growth phase. You'll usually see negative equity for some time after purchase, which sets you back for your next acquisition.

On that note, I would DEFINITELY recommend shooting a message to @My House QLD about an acquisition strategy to reach those goals.