Investing as a personal and spiritual growth vehicle

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by kacheek, 8th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kacheek

kacheek Well-Known Member

We normally think of investing as a way of making money, but since I started buying property, I have realised how much I have grown personally and spiritually in the process.

Everything from handling the stress of buying and negotiating, to managing anxiety around finances, tenants and tradies, to pushing to myself to overcome limiting beliefs in order to take more risks and build more wealth - it has been a tremendous learning journey and made me a stronger person.

When things go wrong (e.g. missing a detail in the contract, or overbidding out of FOMO and lack mentality) it serves as a reminder of where I still need to grow and improve. I have also learnt not to sweat the small things and dwell on mistakes, and focus on the big picture instead (all the equity $$$$$$).

Whenever I am feeling stressed or anxious, I like to observe my inner chatter (good practice of mindfulness techniques) and detach myself from it. I then relax and surrender into the experience. It is only then I can be in the headspace to think differently and come up with solutions to overcome the problem. Or simply learn to control what I can control and hand the rest to the universe.

How have you grown as a result of your investment journey?

MSS87, datto, Blueskies and 1 other person like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

You should start a business explaining to everyone else how growing as s person makes you rich.

Or a version of that.

Do it whilst there is a boom!

datto likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Absolutely. immensely.

Your post reminds me of a great quote which I think gets to the heart of what you're getting at: 'Ultimately it’s not what you get, but who you become'.

craigc and Blueskies like this.
  4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I hear you!

My investments in these crazy structures that sit on dirt have humbled me immensely.

Prior to the crazy booms I was lost. I was a rev head in my car, smoking up all the time. Now I hardly do it.

And reading HC especially Sackie’s posts
    has certainly helped.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Me too. I have developed from a grubby thieving pruck into a Buddhist nun.

datto likes this.
  6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Isn’t that what just happens naturally when you get out of your comfort zone?
    You will either die or grow.
    There is no in between.

samiam and Sackie like this.
  7. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

uhmmm I just bought a house many years ago hoping to one day collect a decent amount of passive income and ended up selling it.
    Nothing spiritual or religious just motivated by improved living standards and an aversion to hard labor.

As for the many dramas along the way, I would prefer they not have happened and would've been better off without them.

samiam likes this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

And here I thought I was up there in "Up in Smoke" posts...... :p:D

datto likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia