VIC Invest in Victoria

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angie1218, 16th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angie1218

Angie1218 New Member

Looking for first investment property in Victoria - what areas you would suggest? I am looking for land( from estate) and later build and sale it… what are thoughts on that strategy? Or it’s better to bank land (without estate) areas like beveridge may be?
    Thanks in advance

2. Angie1218

Angie1218 New Member

What do people think about land in Hamilton? 196 LEURA LANE, Hamilton, Vic 3300
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-vic-hamilton-203144286

sauber likes this.
  3. lil85

lil85 Well-Known Member

I bought a block of land off the plan back in 2017, when the market was rising. Titled in 2019, when market slowed down. Finally sold it this year.
    The interest i paid and other expenses, and gst might be payable, I regret buying land. I would better of buying existing house that gives rental income. So when the market is bad, I can just keep it. Lucky I managed to pay the interest and mortgage repayments for those 2 years, although it was dragging my cashflow a lot

JimmyCheung and Angie1218 like this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Not only that, I understand you can't even claim the loss off you income tax until you sell it.

The Y-man

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

i just bought in hamilton, its really booming!!!! and excellent value!!!!

i just bought 4 months ago for 215k and got revaled the other day at 300k i completed laughed!!! right time right place i guess....

6. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

You'd want to talk to agents as to how easy it is to rent a block of land for agistment. What kind of return you'd get from it

If you had dreams of subdivision etc then you better be planning for 50+ years away.

Hamilton to this day is still heavily dependent on the wool price etc.

Angie1218 and Nando Lee like this.
  7. Angie1218

Angie1218 New Member

Thank you for your response. What do you plan to do with land? Sell it or build it? I was looking at some land options and If purchased from estate you must build in certain time..
    thanks

8. Angie1218

Angie1218 New Member

That’s a good point, didn’t think about that. Thank you

9. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

mine is a house weatherboard on 900sqm. reno project. havent started yet as tennants are in and are happy with paying the rent so i'll leave it til im ready or when they move out and do the major repairs roof leaks etc then move down for a year (live and reno) then re-rent out.