Invest CBD office in Melbourne

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Anan, 16th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anan

Anan New Member

Recently, I'm planning to rent an office in Melbourne CBD, approx 70 sqm to 80 sqm for my new business, but I felt hard to find one!!!

Like not much supply now. My friend suggests me to buy one, as Melbourne CBD office still cheap to buy rather then rent (especially compare with Sydney)!!! and also a lot of office building is going to convert into residential. it cause lack of supply and more hard to rent one in the future!!!!

Actually, I have a budget to spent on it, and also I have read some of the news regarding for the CBD office market in Melbourne.

That's why I want to buy an office for investment purpose as well. I think they are really potential in the future. um......and what you think??? hope you happy to share your opinions too

URL Like:
    Major CBD office shortage to hit Melbourne

Rivalry intensifies as Melbourne office market closing the gap on Sydney

A hold on supply coupled with consistently strong demand is pushing rental growth in Sydney and Melbourne, as other CBD markets, while not seeing the same growth rates, are experiencing improving conditions, according to Colliers International’s latest CBD Office research and forecast report.

jefn89 likes this.
  2. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

The question I'd ask is great to buy an investment commercial property although what experience and knowledge do you have, what is your borrowing capacity etc.. The commercial game can be a complex one although offers great yield if done well! :)

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@Anan says it is for own use - so I think there is inherently less "risk" as such - bit like a PPOR purchase IMHO.

Having said that - I agree small OYO little office is a different market to large scale A-Grade CBD office by the floor plate.

The Y-man