VIC Invest 320k in Melbourne ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by yoyo_guitarist, 28th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

That is the only reason i love north even thoigh it is a bit costly and hence ognored by investors.
    A good market for oo's though.

I reckon my friend was one of them who raised the rent by 10 per week to secure a 4 bedroom house in Alamanda estate. He recently moved from Sydney to Melbourne in search of better lifestyle.

Regards

melbournian likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

upload_2017-2-7_16-47-46.png

3. melbournian

As you know demographics play a big part in Movement of suburbs in melbourne. If you look at the graph, it really was only Kew Balywn north Balwyn box hill (RED) many years ago and basically these demographics spreaded out (all those suburbs are capable of achieving a Million Dollar Sale in auction on Saturday).

[​IMG]

Contrast this to the Melb Outer West. Where basically in point Cook spreading out to tarneit (and you can see Werribee being the next on the target). They raised the suburb median prices(to like mini demographic boom). I mean one has to analyse many factors besides stats as well (I mean I did advance maths in year 12) and scored great could program a calculator in 15 minutes (doesn't mean #$% if one can't look at the overall picture and include other factors as well)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7th Feb, 2017
    ashish1137 likes this.
  4. melbournian

For those H&L people interested in the turnkey I thought I would share the prices of the builds when I was looking 2 years ago I believe that time period in this brochure. Prices are much exp in some states and not in others.Which has led me to believe why would anyone pay 160K to build GF or studio or whatever in some suburbs. or say 120-160K GF when you can get a full blown turn key house :confused:. by the way you can get GF for around 50-60K in vic (A GF is a GF not a studio or full blown house)

upload_2017-2-7_17-21-57.png

5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

So we go off about those charts of demographic and yet we can't rely on stats

6. melbournian

Never said that - said combo of everything stats, demographics etc
    Come on u're a seasoned investor

Cactus likes this.
  7. RetireRich101

So if we lok at last 50 houses sold in Werribee in the last 6months... and then look if any of these houses was previously sold in 2013(3 years ago) , we couldn't come to a % increase ( ignoring houses had any Reno) ? I get dragged back to the h&l discussion every time, but that's not what I am interested in. Werribee is quite an established suburb that we can avoid any skewed data

8. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Do you think that land only sales in Werribee may have a downward effect on the overall stats of the area?

9. melbournian

Well H&L discussion is for the overall benefit of ppl looking to buy in that 320k range not just yourself. As u know not everyone is as intelligent as urself in stats or subdivision or buying in top suburbs or predicting booms.

So - What does that percentage tell u? For werribee That it was a crap suburb over last 3 years and no boom or growth and laughable compared to other suburbs. It has little relevance as the overall price based on the distance to CBD is well much cheaper than majority of places to melbourne. what would be a better indicator is % of growth of suburbs surrounding werribee to predict the movements

say a suburb X was 400K for like 3 years in row 1% growth, plans of discussion to rezone, it gets rezoned it moves 30-40% in 6 months. (in that example, how would the statistics identify this?) as it should have been identified through the research papers from council and the redevelopment plans

I respect ur views from the stats persepctive as it reminds me of my friend who bought in Sydney and melbourne bringing in 15 million to steady year by year bulletproof suburbs 5-10% rises. No Reno, no dev aspirations just wanted year in year out growth. and those suburbs did grow. Unlike him, some do not have that millions at their disposal to diversify the investments so evenly risk wise.

But you're a seasoned investor who has done duplex subdivision, multiple purchases, leasing etc. i have seen your very thorough analysis of dev potentials etc and how to work the numbers so why do you have to rely fully on stats? yeah it's crap so what - there are properties which have development potential, or say a rezoning of schools, opening of schools, movement of new demographics etc.

Last edited: 7th Feb, 2017
    ashish1137, ellejay and Connor like this.
  10. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

11. melbournian

It means bad news esp for wydham harbour Werribee south ESP since they selling land parcels at really high prices 300sqm for like 500kishand with its flashy apartments and townhouses.

Any estates closest to this area will be viewed unfavourably

Air_Bender likes this.
  12. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Where did you find these images?

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Good research Melbournian....history shows once Indians and Chinese dominate an area they tend to go up quickly.

Where did you get this info...awesome research.....I have been trying to find something like this.

14. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

Look up 'SBS where Australia's immigrants were born', some great tools

15. melbournian

@G TOWN here u go
    | SBS World News

16. RetireRich101

@petewargent

What is the total % of capital growth in outer melbourne ( such as the Op suburbs: Pakenham, Hoppers Crossing/Werribee/Wyndham Vale or Melton/South Melton) in the last 36 months?

I have had a gazillion replies ( mostly from people that are vested interest) telling me it's complicated.

However me crunching some "stats" in various sources: Domain, RE, Residex tells me that all these suburbs increased less than 30% in the last 3 years, with 15-20% in the last 12 months. Do we see a modest boom coming?

Those suburbs have H&L but yet they are mostly established properties and each suburbs there are about 500 sale transactions per year

17. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

You still haven't answered my question, why should anyone answer yours....

Do you think that land only sales in Werribee may have a downward effect on the overall stats of the area?

Also as has been repeatedly explained to you the 20%+ gain people on the forum are making from H&L largely comes from time between 5-10% Deposit and land settlement and the organising of the build and blinds and landscape themselves.

ashish1137 likes this.
  18. melbournian

Hahaha mostly yes that have bought. Me I do not have any ips in those areas at all.

But get to the point what are the conclusions from studying these "dumb deals" in the outer western suburbs of Melbourne ?

1.Is the 15% Growth crap for total 36 months or lower too small for a million dollar investors or starting out person or u can make more $$$ elsewhere in seq with that amount of money through duplex sub divisions or granny flats or renting to Pacific Islanders?

2. the percentages of established properties 500 of them vs H&L what growth percentages ?

3. What is the prediction of the suburbs. Will it boom or crash from the concrete statistical analysis of medians and percentages growth. Will all investors who bought there be featured in the next sequel of "dumb and dumber"?

Also an ABC guide on predicting boom suburbs through stats would be helpful too

Very interesting discussions but really Having figures stats without conclusions is like a chicken and duck talk

Cactus likes this.
  19. RetireRich101

why do you guys bother with me anyway?:p

20. melbournian

Stats are entertaining haha and yeah go watch lion :)