Intuit.com.au anyone?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by hash_investor, 21st Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Has anyone here used intuit.com.au before? It is more like xero but a lot cheaper and seems like it provides some basic stuff that I need like transaction aggregation and BAS submission to ATO.

Thanks

2. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

I have used intuit.com in the past to file my taxes in the US. The UI was extremely user friendly and they had great customer support. So as a company, I think they are not too bad. No clue about the Au operations.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I use Saasu.com - they are an Australian company (Xero is a NZ based company). A bit cheaper than Xero I think too?

Reckon is the Australian company who had the license to operate Quickbooks and such in Australia - I haven't kept up withe exactly what products they have now that I've moved everything to Saasu.

4. Michael V

Michael V Well-Known Member

I personally use QuickBooks online for my business as there is a plugin which exports/updates all my transactions and everything automatically into it for me to the right categories. Definitely worth the money!

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. hash_investor

Do you mean Quickbooks by Intuit?

6. Michael V

Michael V Well-Known Member

Yes I do :)

7. hash_investor

Does it lodge your BAS as well? Can you lodge your BAS without the intervention of an accountant?

8. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Intuit.com.au is a good quality cloud package that will help a lot of small businesses.

It is a different product to the old desktop package offered by Reckon.

9. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

They are all pretty much the same thing now. You link your business bank account to it then just assign the income/expenses to the the correct account as they come in. End of the quarter just run the bas report and put the figures in the labelled boxes on the bas form. In 2016 I can honestly see no reason why anyone with a small business would need an accountant to lodge their BAS doing it this way. If you spend 10 minutes a week allocating everything you can do your bas in 5 minutes at the end of the quarter.

10. hash_investor

ok, means you still need the accountant at the end of year.

Also, if you have to lodge by paper anyway then why pay for quickbook. Waveapps does the same job for free.

11. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Not sure how it's lodged but the pap are takes 5 minutes to do or you can just do it through business portal online.

12. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Agreed - BAS preparation is low value work that can be done by a bookkeeper. Use your accountant for business planning and strategy.

D.T. likes this.