Introduction and Boundary Adjustment for duplexes

Discussion in 'Development' started by neeraj1986, 14th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neeraj1986

neeraj1986 New Member

Hi All,

I recently joined this forum and Hope to gain knowledge in property investment, currently resides in Quakers hill, NSW,

I recently bought a corner block (not yet settled) recently which has 588sqm but has conditional DA approval for 3 bed room duplex, condition is based on boundary adjustment from adjoining property (additional land from adjoining property and to be registered by previous owner) as it was owned by same owner, and same has been mentioned in the contract as well.

but currently owner is saying to wait until settlement as he has loan from the bank and can't initiate boundary adjustment as banks are not allowing the same to happen.

wanted to check couple of things regarding the same.

1. does anyone know what processes are involved in this and how much time does land registry takes.
    2.Property has DA approval (which got expired and was extended for current owner for 2 years till 2022), but I wanted to modify current designs to change it to 4 bedroom duplex will councils allow DA modification before the settlement or any approval needs to be by current owner to make adjustments to the plan as DA extension was given to previous owner.
    3. what role does surveyor plays with boundary adjustment and at what stage surveyor will be involved if any modifications to existing DA plans have to made.

apologies if I caused any confusion by asking so many points as I am not sure regarding the processes in building duplexes/sub division and also regarding the boundary adjustment.

2. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

it sounds like you are purchasing the existing lot. not a newly created lot.

what will happen if it is refused and doesn't meet the criteria.
    has a boundary adjustment been applied for ?
    a boundary adjustment is only allowed to be minor in nature (10% difference in area.)

if greater it may be deemed a subdivision and require a DA

has any surveyor prepared a plan.

3. neeraj1986

neeraj1986 New Member

thanks for your reply,

yes, the owner agrees to do the same and it's under 10% (25 sqm) of land,

wanted to check in forum what role does a surveyor plays and at what stage is he gets involved in construction or DA plans,

also does anyone know of how much time does the title/land transfer takes place in blacktown council, NSW

4. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

i would suggest speaking with a Surveyor now.

there are conditions that must be met for a boundary alignment. it is best to discuss this now and make sure it can happen.

there are also plans the Surveyor will need to submit for your DA. Then Set-out will come once you are issued a construction certificate.

without knowing the full details i'm just guessing, but i would make contact with a Surveyor.

they can guide you through the process. or project manage your development. depends on how much you want to pay.

see North-Western-Surveys. they're in that area.

5. neeraj1986

neeraj1986 New Member

thanks for the info, it was very useful and had a chat with surveyor.

can someone also provide some pointers regarding sub division process and costs related to it under balcktown council as all the blogs suggest it's minimum of 50k
    and how does it effect bank valuation if sub division is done before or after the build of duplexes,