Introduction and advise

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Daniel36, 15th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Daniel36

Daniel36 New Member

Hi all investors and property experts. My name is Daniel. I just found this site on Google. Lucky that I found it. I need advice from you guys here. I will try to be very brief in explaining my current situation. I am in the process of buying a property. I have 20% deposit for that. Between my partner and myself we have a yearly income of 210k. Other than the loan for my Principal property I have got another 500k which I can spend to buy a property. I was wondering if you guys could enlighten me. Please let me know where I should be investing my money. I am after positive cash flow and also want capital growth. I am happy to hold onto my property for a period but I would also want to buy more properties with the equity at a later stage. My primary residence will be ready for me to move in by middle of next year. Thanks guys for being patient with me. Looks like a long story even though I was trying to be brief. Thanks.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Get some tax advice before putting down a 20% cash deposit.

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forums :)

What you've described is exactly what every investor in world wants, so my best advice is to start reading and learning. A quick answer won't give you what you need to achieve your goals.

A good mortgage broker will be able to give you some planning advice regarding your deposit and the most effective way forward, as Terry said a 20% deposit may not be the best/quickest way to start off.

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Positive cash flow and good capital growth is the ideal combination, but not easy to find. Unless, of course, you put down a huge deposit but that sort of defeats the purpose.
    Marg

Daniel36 likes this.
  5. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

Hi Daniel,
    You seam to be in a very good position to start investing, welcome to this forum. You really need specific advice that suits your goals and is in line with your investment strategy as everyone unique. Start investing with your end goal in mind and work towards a portfolio that suits your lifestyle

Daniel36 likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.