Intro - Perth investor couple

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kuhni, 6th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kuhni

Kuhni Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Long time lurkers! My wife and I own our home in Spearwood and have completed a retain and build in Maylands. Looking to sell the front home and invest again in another development site.

We've grown up in Perth so that's the only market we're involved in, seems to be fairly affordable with robust rental yields but lacks the population growth.

We are also currently exploring avenues for real estate investment in bali.

Thanks,
    Michael and Tess

spoon likes this.
  2. Tom Cooper

Tom Cooper Well-Known Member Business Member

I assume you intend using the dunny lane to the back of the property for access, Maylands is a great suburb close to Perth, the river and well serviced by the train etc. Location location location.

Regarding Bali there was an announcement on Monday, apparently Denpasar airport is opening soon but not to Australians, due to the situation in NSW & Victoria. I would recommend you do your homework on ownership, as getting your name on a title is difficult, as a non-Indonesian although they do have a robust timeshare industry.

3. Kuhni

Kuhni Well-Known Member

Hi Tom,

Our maylands property was actually a corner block so we had multiple access options but yes the new house is facing primary Street and garage access from the laneway.

In bali the issue I find is no finance options and opaque pricing. We are currently looking at either leasehold as a holiday rental yield play with lower entry costs for the desirable areas of seminyak/canggu vs incorporating a company for a more traditional purchase (25 year lease with two 25 year extensions at fixed cost).
    All chews up lot of cash.

Cheers,
    Michael

4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Welcome.

I encourage you to follow the legal leasehold or construction license in Bali. The foreign national holding property with a quasi loan agreement is fraught with danger in my opinion - it scares the hell out of me.

A nightmare in paradise

5. Kuhni

Kuhni Well-Known Member

Great advice, 100% will avoid a nominee system. Even with Tess having a Balinese father.

Ross Forrester likes this.