Intro - Andrew Fox

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BlueFox68, 24th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BlueFox68

BlueFox68 Member

Hi!

I'm Andrew Fox. I was born in Sydney, spent 14 years in Vanuatu, than a year back in Sydney.

Then moved to Brisbane for 19 years, Bathurst for 11 years, back to Vanuatu for 3 years, then back to Brisbane. I've been back 2 years, and am here to stay.

My aspirations (real estate-wise) are to pay off our family home and have a decent amount of equity in a holiday unit at Caloundra.

In terms of investment experience, I have sub-divided 3 blocks in Bathurst. The first two I 'split' into 2, and the third, I split into 3. I still own one of the new lots on the 3rd sub-division, and this is also now sub-dividable (915 sq. m corner block).

We (my wife and I) generally tried to make them more sale-able by building on the blocks, but we did sell one block 'bare', and there was an old house on another, which we also sold.

We made about $60,000 on the first sub-division, about $70,000 on the second, but the third has been tough. We ran into some issues - which we knew about prior to purchase - but the costs ran over, and the market dipped. So, we are about even at the moment. If we can build two houses and sell, we could end up making about $70,000, which would pay off our house.

Then, I want to buy the neighbour's house (in Brisbane), which is 2000 sq. m and then split that. It is for sale, but way over-priced, as the dumb real estate agents are 'telling stories' to the poor old lady...

Anyway, that's me!

p.s. I haven't exaggerated anything here... Some people like to tell whoppers about their history!

pinewood and Morgs like this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Andrew. You sound like you've got a good clue about many things. Do you already have a Caloundra unit or is that something you are aiming to buy soon?

Propertunity likes this.
  3. BlueFox68

BlueFox68 Member

Thank you.

No, I haven't (got a Caloundra unit, that is ;-)).

It'll probably be more like 2-3 years before I can do something like that, so, hopefully prices don't jump too much during that time!