Interstate Auctions

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by JZ93, 22nd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JZ93

JZ93 Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Id like to get some insight into the processes people take in buying at auction interstate.

With my first purchase I had no issue buying sight unseen, with a pm walking through and a b&p report.

But in terms of due dillegence how are experienced investors tackling this situation. Id imagine it would be fairly costly to pay for a b&p or to fly down for every auction had. Or do you just take a risk at the hope of getting a great deal?

Thanks

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I'd pay a BA

Cheers

Jamie

Rich2011 and Propertunity like this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

I know this is biased advice coming from me as a BA, but get a local buyers agent as @Jamie Moore said.

4. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Not biased at all just sound advice.

Yes you will fork out circa 2-3% for the BA service but massively decrease your chances or should be completely eradicate the chance of getting a dud.

Going it alone you might get lucky or you might not and as property is a 10+ year proposition you wont stress about the BA fee when you get an A grade IP and its grown as predicted.

Propertunity likes this.
  5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Agreed as above. A good BA with local knowledge of the market and especially the agents/opportunities where you can get a good deal can be well worth the BA fee. It would take many months and many interstate trips and time before a buyer picked up on where to find the best opportunities.