Interpretting Sewage and Drainage plans

Discussion in 'Development' started by NoobieProp, 10th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NoobieProp

NoobieProp Active Member

Hi all

Newbie question here. I'm trying to interpret the sewage and drainage plans for this house. To give context, this house sits behind another house and there's a long driveway that you have to drive up to access it (see sewage diagram below).

So to my untrained eye, the drainage system doesn't seem connected to the main lines (red lines) and the sewage system seems to stop at the top of the driveway. Once again, I am pretty sure I might be interpreting this wrongly but would love to get some insights on how the sewage + drainage is set up.

Additionally is there anything else I should keep an eye on?

P.S. This is probably not the way to upload images apologies lol
    [​IMG]

2. NoobieProp

NoobieProp Active Member

Just giving this a small bump :)

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Check the photo settings as they can't be seen.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

If you mean where the black lines stop on the first photo and the thick red lines show on the second photo, I wondered if you are questioning if the black lines actually run under the driveway to hook into the big red line?

The house wouldn't be able to be sold if it isn't hooked into the network, so I wasn't sure if that was what you were asking.

5. Scott No Mates

I still can't see the photos :confused:

Joynz likes this.
  6. NoobieProp

NoobieProp Active Member

Omg I didn't realise there was an 'upload a file' button right there. Hopefully you can see it now sorry!

I think wylie has cleared some of my misunderstanding but would love to get any opinions. Otherwise it seems like these plans look 'normal' and I'm just overreacting.

Attached Files:

7. NoobieProp

NoobieProp Active Member

Ah I never knew that! Thanks for clearing some of my own confusion lol. Well the red line diagram is the 'sewage' diagram and the 'black line' diagram is the drainage system and I was somewhat figuring out if they connected as you mentioned as it seems like they don't connect through the diagrams.

I was mainly confused at why the red lines don't connect to the house at all.

8. Scott No Mates

House drainage - this is your responsibility up to & including the boundary trap, riser & IPMF/Vent.

Board Sewer (Red) - this is the common sewer which your private service connects to at the red junction on the diagram, there's one of these on your access handle.

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if my interpretation is correct, but with a battle-axe block I have knowledge of, the back block couldn't be sold, divided or built on until the services were brought up the driveway, ready for the rear house to connect to. I'd assume yours would be the same?

10. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

@NoobieProp where did the drawing _2 come from.

are they the plumbers draft notes. ?

has the plumber lodged the information yet.

do you have a formal sewerage service diagram like this example

when was the house built

your subdivision plan was registered: 26/1/1982 + Section 88B Easement:

Attached Files:

11. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm a hydraulic engineer (plumbing design,) and it's hard to tell if the sewerage is connected from these plans, but it seems very strange if the house was constructed without the connecting sewerage pipe. I suspect it would be connected.

Also notice the easement as others noted. I don't see an issue, but would be good to request more info from your water authority. Section 32 maybe? Oh wait in NSW your Section 32 would probably have another name. I'm in VIC.